The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fishing With Forum Members

I was able to get out on the Dupage river with Famil last year. We had a good time and plan on getting together this year as well. As far as a forum get together, I think it would be awesome to fish with more people here. I have quickly found out that there are a bunch of knowledgable guys on the forum and would love to learn from them out on the river.

http://www.dupageriverflyfishing.com
Old 01-13-2013, 02:29 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Not a single post to this thread in twenty-twelve. huh.

I met and fished with forum member dharkin in the Missoula area last fall. We are planning on meeting at the Big Horn this September.

I only bring it to surface once each winter.

Dave

Last edited by littledavid123; 01-14-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 PM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

I met rickyortiz on the water a couple weeks ago unfortunately didn't get to fish together for I had a friend I was trying to get into fishing that day but it just didn't take with him he had two left feet and was more concerned on catching fish than the whole experience. Needless to say my friend was unable to disgrace a fish by catching it because he did not know how.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't fish with any of the members this year that I have in the past, hopefully that won't happen this upcoming season. However, Mrs Fysh and I did make it to Alaska this year and fished with Ard, it was a very fun trip that I still need to make a blog entry for.
littledavid123 likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I've fished with J-P (jpbfly) a couple of times on his home waters in the Languedoc, France; great times! He's a wonderful host and he catches way more fish than I do.......

I've also fished with Hideto-san (neversink) on a gin clear stream in the mountains West of Nikko, Japan. Fishing for Yamame and Iwana; again a great time and a rare experience.

I'm more than ready to fish with some of the US-based members here, but it just never seems to happen.................

Pocono
Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Time to bring this thread back to the top. Still think it is a cool thing to fish with a friend whom was first met as a fellow forum member. I still haven't had the pleasure yet but expect it will happen before I hang up my rods.

Tell us who you fished with this year and the rivers fished.

Dave
Old 01-01-2014, 07:44 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

I fished the surf with nicknick222 in 2013. We had a great time.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Now for the memory test of members I fished with this year:
I fished with Chased (Chase) and his friend Rod a couple different times, a couple floats on the Bighorn and then three days wading on the North Platte.
I did a float on the Bighorn with mridenour (Mike) and troutn (Rick).
I did a float on the Green, a float on the New Fork and some wade fishing on the Green below Fontenelle with muzz flaco (Muzzy on his fly fishing sabbatical as he passed through Wyoming).
I did three days wading on Kelly's No Tellum' Spring Creek with liphookedau (Kelly) from Australia. We missed getting together with Kelly.
I did a couple days wading on the Green below Fontenelle with Dorian.Ducker.
I had a couple other members pass through and thought we might be able to fish together but it just didn't work out.

I think that was it, if I missed anyone I apologize!

Larry

Old 01-01-2014, 08:45 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

This time last year I was in Florida with AJ, Gatortransplant , for his wedding and general tom-foolery.

I keep ending up in the same places as Mridgnor but never seem to find him

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM

ctshooter has a spectacular aura aboutctshooter has a spectacular aura about

I'm hoping to meet Rip tide over the weekend, don't think we are ice fishing though.

I was hoping to meet some of the locals and have a tying clinic/get together, but there didn't seem to be much interest, shame because I have a great location.