The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:08 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fishing With Forum Members

Visiting with the good folks on this forum I am often surprised by how many other forum members they have fished with. (pretty cool)

So my question is who or how many forum members have each of you fished with?

PS: Welcome any juicy stories from fishing with other forum members!!!

Dave
Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing With Forum Members

I've fished with Mrs fysh (she liked me so much that she asked me to marry her),Davo, Larry (Mcnerney), Cromney, & Kinger. Oh the stories I could tell.....
We actually met gbanker at The South Fork Lodge, started talking and had dinner. Funny thing is neither of us realized we were members of NAFFF until days later when he posted a thread about his wanderings in the Jackson area.
I've also met JClampworks when doing a material swap, and hope to meet up with Wovenstonefly before too long, he lives just South of me.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Dave

I've fish quite a bit with Fyshstykr and Mrs. Fysh over on the South Fork of the Snake. Also fished a few times Mcnerney and once last fall with cromney. Hope to fish more with them all this season as well as more of the members. If I don't get to fish with him before hand I look forward to meeting kglissmeyer1 at the Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls next month. And your still on the list as long as you bring the Cubans!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Dave

I've fish quite a bit with Fyshstykr and Mrs. Fysh over on the South Fork of the Snake. Also fished a few times Mcnerney and once last fall with cromney. Hope to fish more with them all this season as well as more of the members. If I don't get to fish with him before hand I look forward to meeting kglissmeyer1 at the Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls next month. And your still on the list as long as you bring the Cubans!!
Be forewarned, I will also bring a fake cuban dog turd if you buy skunk beer.

Dave
Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

I had the opportunity to fish with Jim (Bigfly) late last summer on the Truckee. I know I had a great time, even though hot August days are not the best up there...

Actually, that's where I heard about this forum for the first time, as he and I also hang out on a more local, Calif based forum...he was sure this was the place to be. Turns out he was right.

-Mike
Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Back in 2008 I bought a used Hog Island drift boat and Davo offered to show me the basics of rowing, so we did a float together on the upper Green River near Pinedale, WY. Thanks again Davo for showing me some great tips in rowing a drift boat! That is where I first met Fysh and Davo. Since then we have floated a few times together on the middle Green and the South Fork. Since then I have fished with Clint (Cromney) and Josh (Kinger) on the middle Green a number of times with Fysh and Pam. Three years ago I did a float with Lambster on the North Platte over by Saratoga, WY and he was planning on returning last year but his house burnt to the ground so that trip was cancelled, we are trying to get that trip rescheduled. Last summer on a road trip out to Bend OR I met up with Kelly (gklissmeyer1) and he showed me his "No Tellum Spring Creek" and we fished together for a couple hours, we are hoping to get to fish with Kelly and his son this year. Last summer JJ (futuramille) was all set to come out to Sheridan, WY for a family reunion and he and I were planning on doing a float together on the Bighorn, but a project came up with his work and he had to cancel. Later on I had a trip setup to fish with Eric (Bighornflies) but then I had something come up and had to cancel (I'm hoping to get up there and finally meet and fish with him this spring. Last fall I fished with Kris (Crittergetter) on the San Juan. A couple years ago we had a trip planned for floating the lower Green below Flaming Gorge with Joni, Mojo, Fysh and Pam but the trip got snowed out, so I haven't had a chance to meet Joni and Mojo first hand yet, but someday! We have been talking for a couple years of doing a 2 day float together in the canyon section of the South Fork..............we're hoping it will come together this year! JJ (futuramille) and I have been planning on doing that Bighorn float, hopefully this will be the year, as well as finally getting to fish with Jimmie on his western state tour this summer. A couple years ago Davo and I had a float on the South Fork all setup with dorian.ducker (he isn't active anymore) but he cancelled at the last minute, but still came out to the launch site to wish us well (his wife was expecting so he didn't want to chance not being there).
Now that Allan (Pocono) is retired, maybe he will find time to come out west and do a float with us!
When JP (jbbfly) retires, I'm hoping we can finally get him over here from France to do some fishing with us!

Larry

Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Its all been stated but I've fished with Mr and Mrs Fysh, Mcnereny(Larry), Davo and Josh. I started rowing a drift boat with Larry and Mr and Mrs Fysh and have loved every second of it. From the sounds of it this list will get bigger this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited by cromney; 08-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromney View Post
From the sounds of it this list will get bigger this year and I'm really looking forward to it.
Amen to that!!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-09-2011, 10:08 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I showed Larry (mcnerny) my favorite spring creek, but it was a skunk of a day and I had to leave early (sorry Larry, there really are some nice fish in there ). I hope to redeem myself with him this year. I'm looking forward to a float trip with Davo and company this year as well.

Kelly.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:51 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

The only one I have fished with from this forum, is Bugman, and his wife. Both great anglers, and fly tyers. I don't guess I live near anyone else.