The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 PM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about
Default What should i ask for these two rods

I am getting out of the St. Croix graphite buisiness completly and want to sell off my last two rods. Only problem is that i have no idea what to ask for them.

The first is a St. Croix Legend Ultra 5 peice 6 weight 98%

The second is a St. Croix Reign 4 peice 6 weight again 98%
Both have cases

What would be fair asking prices for them? Ill probly list them on the bay or in the classifieds.

Last edited by db cooper; 04-26-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What should i ask for these two rods

I hate to say it but you probably won't get what they are worth on e bay. I watched a Meiser Spey rod that looked like it never been handled without white gloves, go for a price at least $250.oo low. It is a great place to buy, but not so much to sell. To top it off, if you list something and it does not sell, you still owe e-bay money for listing it. I'd list them in the personals here before I did e bay. I in fact, may never sell anything on e bay again.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 AM

good advice...i apreciate it. Any idea what a fair price to ask would be?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: What should i ask for these two rods

Think about "Casting for Recovery." First class program and they can use all the good equipment they can get. Better yet, the donation is tax deductible.

fae
Old 03-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by db cooper View Post
good advice...i apreciate it. Any idea what a fair price to ask would be?

Hi db,
It's hard to say what their worth without knowing how old they are and what condition their in.
I would take some good pics of the handles, the reel seats, some of the guide wraps, and a few of the rod sections laid side by side along with a good description of each rod and list them here in the "Classifieds".

Good Luck.

P.S. Why are you getting away from graphite?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

db cooper: I thought you suddenly fell into a big sum of money a few years back! What the heck are you selling your fly rods for, I thought you were dead?

Larry

Old 03-09-2011, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Hi db,
It's hard to say what their worth without knowing how old they are and what condition their in.
I would take some good pics of the handles, the reel seats, some of the guide wraps, and a few of the rod sections laid side by side along with a good description of each rod and list them here in the "Classifieds".

Good Luck.

P.S. Why are you getting away from graphite?
Ill get some pictures posted when i can. Both rods were fished 2 or 3 times and are in great shape. The Legend ultra is the latest version and i purchased the Reign as a backup two years ago. I have not fished graphite in a while as i made the switch over to glass a few years back.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I never had either of those rods but had a little used Legend Ultra 7' 3 weight (300 new) and sold it for 200. if they are in like new condition and not too old you should be able to get 60% of retail if someone is looking for those particular rods.

Getting out of graphite, what are you going to use?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-09-2011, 01:18 AM

I've always been a glassman, but i tried to dabble in graphite. Just didnt work out to well for me. Ill stick with glass...after all...shes the girl that brung me.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Or....Dance with the girl you brought.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."