The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default How do I post a photo...

Since the change I haven't been able to post photos to threads. I looked in the frequently asked questions section, but it doesn't seem like it works like that; what am I doing wrong?

Dan
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How do I post a photo...

Dan,

Did you find my PM?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Dan,

I know the FAQ needs to be updated but I am waiting till all of the changes are finished.

The attachment method does not work any more and probably won't be added back. You can up load photos from your computer by using the "Upload Photos" to your individual Gallery. You use it the same way you did with the old attachment. After the photos are in your gallery you can follow the FAQ procedure for adding a photo to a post.

Frank
Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Thanks Ard and Frank..

Dan
Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Administrator

cb is just really nicecb is just really nicecb is just really nicecb is just really nice

Here are some guidelines that may help.

1. First upload your photo into our gallery, Photobucket or some other website that can store photgraphs.

2. Copy the link (URL) provided below the photo by selecting the text with your mouse and copying (Ctl-C) or use the brower's Edit menu - copy command.

3. Open your forum post and click the "Insert Image" icon which looks like a tiny yellow postcard.

4. In the box that appears paste (Ctl-V or Edit menu - paste) the URL to the image, taking care not to insert http:// twice. Click ok and the image will appear in your post.

Here are additional guidelines to using our Gallery.
  • The NA fly fishing forums gallery allows you to store up to 10Mb of photographs.
  • Once in the gallery you can use the link provided to also show the photos in your forum posts.
  • The allowable image types are: jpg, jpeg, png or gif
  • Uploaded photographs will be automatically reduced to 990 pixels wide if they are larger than this, otherwise they will remain the original size.
  • Typically a photograph designed for web viewing is normally 50Kb in size or less. The fly forums gallery allows you to upload file sizes up to 100kb which means you may need to web-optimize your photographs before you upload. To optimize use Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing software, or an online service like: http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php or http://webresizer.com/resizer/ for bigger photographs. We find an image quality of 40 as the best compromise between quality and loading speed.
  • To delete a photograph then Click Photo Options and choose the Edit Photo. Delete is one of the options in there.

Hope his helps

Colin
Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Colin,

In the old Personal Gallery we could double click the clips and a larger photo would appear. We could then copy the photo and paste it into a post. The new gallery will expand the clip but won't allow it to be copied. Can that be changed?

Frank