The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need Hackles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I've been hearing about this "Feather Craze" just what we need, more of a supply vs. demand for our newest fly tiers.
I'm not too worried; if this lives 6 months I'd be amazed.

I just like how when I put some feathers on a hook it's a silly hobbie but when you take those same feathers and put it on an earing, it's chic. Let's hope the trout want to be as stylish as out ladies.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I've seen a few sites like the Owlita site hawking feathers for hair lately but geez... does Owlita not know anything about moderation?
Each of those models might save money and by just stapling a chicken to each ear.
I actually liked the lok of just a few of those feathers in the hair.
It is good to know from reading here that we tyers may not be in trouble finding feathers after all.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

If you guys care to flip through the channels right now, you can see one of the American Idol judges (stephen tyler) sporting some Grizzly Schlappen in his wig...

Not of my choice...honest! My wife was flipping back and forth with the TV Clicker and I was sitting beside her looking at fly patterns on the forum. I happend to look up at his wig, the same exact minute that I was checking out this thread for the first time.