The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 09:30 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default Re: Fly rod for my wife

well if your wife is still in anyway a girly girl i think its g loomis that makes a pink fly rod, wright and mcgill makes one for women to
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM

bekiu002 will become famous soon enoughbekiu002 will become famous soon enough

I saw this thread last night. It was about St.Croixs new rod made just for women called the Avid Pearl. I haven't personally used a St.Croix, but they seem to have a very good reputation. Hope this helps.
Cabot

New rod series for St. Croix in 2010
Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 AM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekiu002 View Post
I saw this thread last night. It was about St.Croixs new rod made just for women called the Avid Pearl. I haven't personally used a St.Croix, but they seem to have a very good reputation. Hope this helps.
Cabot

New rod series for St. Croix in 2010
i use a st .croix and love it, the biggest thing i like about it is its pretty durable ive accidently stuck its tip in the ground or into a tree a couple times and nothing has broke, i had a sage that i did that to wasnt even very hard and the tip snapped...but maybe it was a defecitve tip idk
Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 AM

idaho fisherman is on a distinguished road

I was almost certain there had to be fly rods specifically built for women considering the number of women I see taking up this sport.

I'm afraid, though, if I bought her a pink rod, she'd beat me with it. I once offered to buy her a rifle with a pink stock. She said if I did, she'd give me a running start and drop me before I reached 100 yards. I took that as a "no thank you".

Again, I appreciate the info.

Bob