The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 05:34 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default old fly fishing book!

my neighbor gave this to me today. its called garcia tips and tricks of fly fishing by lefty kreh. it says it was published in 1968!! it has a price tag of a whopping 80 cents!! its in very good condition! heres some pix of it!

Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:45 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: old fly fishing book!

Hey that's a cool find and a great neighbor! Enjoy!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

ya I have no idea where he got it. I will ask him next time I see him. he just knew I like to fly fish and stuff so he sent it over.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Did you notice there's also "Tips and Tricks of Spinning" by Lefty Kreh? That's neat!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 AM

ya! I seen that too. I searched it online but nothing shows up. even has some hunting books in the series. pretty cool. my budddy offered me 10 bux and some flies for it but i think better hold onto it instead!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi McFly,

I think I will send that first picture to Lefty. I bet he would get a kick out of it. Especially the 80 cents price.

Frank
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Frank,

You notice in the pics that he's using a reel with a knob and not that 5 pounder with the big spring inside?

I bet he had to fight the editors over that.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for sharingI owned a Mitchell 710 which was offered to me ,it was a dreadful reel,I nearly never used itI sold it to a belgium collector on e bay last year