The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Missing bag (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/11347-missing-bag.html)

melvinp 09-28-2009 10:56 AM

Missing bag

Hey folks,Thought i would give this a try,I was fishing salmon river plaskie ny when i left my bag behind.Black bag with dig camra(Pink)Cell phone,Enigizer head lamp,Black gloves(fingers cut off)Head covering(Black) and a bunch of snacks.I have already shut the cell phone off,Cant take chances with phone call to sinapor.The biggest thing is the pictures on the camra.My little girl.Tell you how my weekend started 1 hole in waiters,Right leg soaked from start had to buy new ones 2 lost bag 3 Landed 1 fish about 8in,could see 20 pounders right in front of me tried everything but nothing worked.O well would like to get bag back so i can try all over again.Thanks for hearing me cry.:lol2::upset:

Rip Tide 09-28-2009 11:35 AM

Re: Missing bag

You should call all the area tackle shops ASAP
Good chance you'll get your stuff back

Rip Tide 09-28-2009 02:44 PM

I was just reading a post on a local forum that I belong to.
This gentleman fished the Salmon this past weekend also
He said that at one point on Saturday morning he could see about 120 other fisherman on stream
:shocking:
.... maybe your not so likely to get your bag back after all

jd110tlb 09-28-2009 05:17 PM

Go to myfishfinder.com huge thread there on salmon river. i would link it but dont know how sorry.

melvinp 09-29-2009 09:07 AM

I got it back,It showed up in the mail,Ya Hoo My faith in people just got a little better,My wife had put her name and adress in the bag.To all people there is still some good out there.Fish on!

Kerry Pitt 09-29-2009 09:52 AM

What a great ending! It is great to know there are good people out there, all you hear on the news is bad stuff! Thanks for reporting back!:)

Hardyreels 09-29-2009 10:43 AM

That is one of the "coolest" things I have read lately.

Frank Whiton 09-29-2009 10:45 AM

Hi melvinp,

I am so glad that all of your items were returned. There are good people in the world but all we hear about are bad people. I think one of the reasons you got it back is a Fly Fisher probably found it.

Frank

jpbfly 09-29-2009 11:04 AM

That's good news!hope you'll offer a big bunch of flowers to your wife:)
It's a good thing it wasn't your girlfriend's address:D
Reminds me a good one.I was guiding with the fischmeister years ago and lost a big fly box....when I arrived at the dinner table in the evening all our group was there.When I picked up my napkin in my plate I discovered a gift wrapped packet with a nice ribbon...with my flybox inside...everybody laughed a lot and so did I:D

mcnerney 09-29-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbbfly (Post 68760)
That's good news!hope you'll offer a big bunch of flowers to your wife:)
It's a good thing it wasn't your girlfriend's address:D
Reminds me a good one.I was guiding with the fischmeister years ago and lost a big fly box....when I arrived at the dinner table in the evening all our group was there.When I picked up my napkin in my plate I discovered a gift wrapped packet with a nice ribbon...with my flybox inside...everybody laughed a lot and so did I:D

JP: That is a good story!

melvinp: Congrats on getting your bag back! Reminds me of the time I lost my wallet while canoeing on a river in West Virginia. About two weeks later I got a collect call from a gal that was wade fishing that same river and my wallet floats by and hits her on the leg. I told her to keep the money in the wallet ($87) and please mail the wallet back. She was grateful and so was I.

Larry