The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Been Lusting for a Cliff 'Super Days Worth' Fly Box for Months

Well I bought it today!

I went to Keine's Fly Shop today to check out the tying skills of Tyler Befus (Pronounced Beefus) and to pick up some flies for the Truckee River that I don't yet know how to tie in case my Nano Ti rods and Trout Reels arrive from Justin today.

"Tyler Befus has been fly fishing since he was old enough to go along in a
child backpack. He started fly casting and fly tying at the age of three and landed his first fly caught trout on his own shortly before his third birthday. He is the youngest member of the Ross Reels USA / Ross Worldwide Outdoors, Rio Products, Inc., Oakley, Simms Fishing
Products, Whiting Farms and Eumer Tube pro staff teams and is a Signature Fly designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants. Tyler frequently presents kids fly fishing programs at numerous fly fishing and sportsmen’s shows around the country. Tyler also appeared on the television
series “Mountain States Fishing Adventures” as a host of the show and on the Denver based, live morning talk show, “Colorado & Company”. He has fished the Rocky Mountain region extensively for trout and warmwater species. His fishing travels have taken him to Alaska for northern pike and sheefish, Texas for Guadalupe Bass and Redfish, the California coast for
Mako and Blue shark, as well as Japan for Yamame, Iwanna and Japanese sea bass. Tyler has authored two books “A Kid’s Guide to Fly Fishing”, “A Kids Guide to Fly Tying” and has a kids fly fishing instructional DVD (A Kid’s Guide to Fly Fishing). He currently holds I.G.F.A. Junior World Records for sheefish and kokanee salmon. His other interests include competing on the Montrose Marlin swim team, piano, theater, photography, drawing, upland bird and turkey hunting. This young dynamic angler lives in Montrose, Colorado with his mom, dad and
three younger sisters. Tyler is only 12 years old"

I watched this amazing young man tie to day and he's better then many I've seen who have tied for years. He is joy to see and talk with...I had the joy of talking with this young man for about 15 minutes and his knowledge and wisdom regarding fly fishing is truly beyond his years. I also had the privilege of meeting and talking with his dad.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.