The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Leaking waders ... what to do? A new fix?

Saw the following on another board and thought 'Now that is cool.' This is a cut/paste from that thread so the following is a bit out of context, but you'll get the point.

"Snagly, the silicon that I am talking about does come in a medium tube however it is only a 9.0 FL OZ tube and if you cut the hole small enough when you open it you can plug it with a small nail when your done and save the rest for a later date. It is super flexible silicon, extra fast drying time, ready to be subjected to water within one hour and cost about $7.00 to $9.00 depending on where you shop. I apply it to both the inside as well as the outside of the leak and have not had any failures. The great thing is the fast drying time and you do not have to add any patching material.

Product: GE Silicone II*, 2x STRETCH,1HOUR RAIN-READY (withstands extreme joint movement)"
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Leaking waders ... what to do? A new fix?

Fred,

That sounds better than waiting overnight for Aqua Seal to dri.

Good post!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 AM

simms will become famous soon enoughsimms will become famous soon enough

I used to use GOOP...Were all too familiar with how well ORvis waders leak Since I switched to Simms, and my father switch to PAtagonia, we have not had a prob since...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms View Post
I used to use GOOP...Were all too familiar with how well ORvis waders leak Since I switched to Simms, and my father switch to PAtagonia, we have not had a prob since...
Funny I have not patched waders since I went back to Orvis!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Funny I have not patched waders since I went back to Orvis!!
Every pair of waders develops leaks eventually, but the Orvis Proguides that I own were the only pair to make it over 100 fishing days before they started leaking.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

And I'll add that there are 100's of fishing days on my Orvis waders and no leaks.
Gary