The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 10:48 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Fly Fishing Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
that would look better with a drift boat being towed behind it

Well if my friends would give me some of their money, then there probably would be one behind my car!
fredaevans likes this.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

The best vechical I had for all my outdoor activities was a 1987 Land Rover.
shimloom likes this.

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Maybe, as Dylan put, when I paint me masterpiece
EarthRoamer » Blog Archive » XV-LT #048

Click the image to open in full size.
I saw one of these Earth Roamers in Pinedale, WY yesterday (probably headed up to the park), quite the vehicle, but I bet the gas mileage sucks worse than my 3/4 GMC truck.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I have since updated my camper...but this is how I travel the country in search of fish on a fly.

You would be amazed at where a 3/4 ton HD can put a 2500lb camper. Granted, be prepared to fix some broken vents and ripped of A/c covers...but it's worth it.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

If we are talking fishing Mobile and "Lodging" Then mine is a 2007 Chevy Silverado, a 2012 Surveyor Sport 18'6", and a totally rebuilt Harbor Freight trailer holding two NFO X5... ;-)

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM

fishinkeebs is on a distinguished road

Ive owned several 4x4"s over the yrs. I sure miss my Yota pickup with solid axle conversion and 4cyl. That thing went anywhere. Now I am using My 95 F150 ext. cab pickup. Put a leveling kit and all terrains on it. Got enough room to sleep in the cab if needed and can pack my coolers and camp gear in the back. The a/c and heat works and carry a gps unit. I can pull my 16ft. aluminum boat or take it on the trails. Truck has gotten me thru some tough places. Beaches on outer banks to the mtns. in western va .
Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

as a country boy turned elitist angler...there are obvioulsly some barriers to overcome...

its not easy...be true to your roots...and yet still try and blend in with all the cool cats...

fly fishing somehow has been a magical interlude...40 some years later it is easily possible...but only because of the incredible common denominator it intrinsically creates...and how it disarms and also allows new avenues for friendship...

I really love all the super cool knots ...and my gosh all the super neat flies too...t

Joni...that is a super cool grown up rig there...!!

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 06-12-2013, 06:36 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

My next new favorite I'm working on now is a 2013 Toyota Rock Warrior with lots a bells and whistles. When it comes thru I will try and post pictures.

Craig
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM

mike63 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a Forester. I liked my F150 but want to retire soon and get off the grid. Needed something good on gas and with a warranty. I looked at all the compact SUVs and thought the Forester fit the bill for fishing and outdoor activities best. And the wife likes it.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Here’s another CST for Silvertip8K
It’s a nearly forty year old shot of my ‘69 CST 10 on the banks of the Eel river and yes, that’s dinner for the crew hangin’ from the driver side door. Times were different.

TT

Last edited by trout trekker; 07-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.