The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Best Fly Fishing Vehicles

It seems that no one was impressed with my tales of two wheeled fishing travel. Honestly I didn't imagine it would sound like a whole lot of fun to the uninitiated. It is as they say, an acquired taste.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Campers, vans, trucks, freezers, we're pulling out all the stops here; if I were to really get serious about current fishing vehicle and sleeping accommodations I would offer this.................

First you need this;

Then when you are done for the day, you need this;

But I still like to pack it up on my bike and stay close to my roots, something gets lost in all the comfort. Unless it rains for three days strait. I like the cabin when it rains.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

How do you get onto your bike with the two big cases at the back Ard,do you jump on it?
Your cabin is greatI'd love to pay you a little visit there ....one day
Old 10-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Musky, tell me more about this fridge. I would assume they took allot of amp.
We do have a small GAS one in the trailer, but for seven days is it one chest with drinks, one with dry ice and meat, and then a cloth chest with dry goods like breads and boxed goods.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Ard I'm wondering if the whole upper level is a bedroom?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Ard I'm wondering if the whole upper level is a bedroom?
I know what you're thinking about Fysh....you're a naughty guy
Old 10-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

You are the one with the naughty mind Jean Paul, well ok so I have one also.
Actually I was thinking that is how I would have it set up, along with a bathroom, but space might be at a premium so having a bathroom on the lower and upper floors may not be feasable....so now I'm back to thinking the whole upper floor would be a bedroom.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 10-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: You do have some nice toys, bike, boat and cabin! You're all set.

Larry
Old 10-30-2009, 03:55 PM

muskyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Musky, tell me more about this fridge. I would assume they took allot of amp.
We do have a small GAS one in the trailer, but for seven days is it one chest with drinks, one with dry ice and meat, and then a cloth chest with dry goods like breads and boxed goods.
check this page out for all the details, I am sporting the 45 model from ARB. It is exactly like the engle but has the temp read out.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/engel/

once you get one you become spoiled! they really fix so many of the issues related to back country travel...like looking for fresh ice for a cooler

If you have specific questions give those guys at expedition exchange a call they are masters of back country travel and will help you with anything you need.

But beware...that site is really addictive!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:59 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

its awd, from the factory. s-10 cases bolt right in no problem, along with the front housing so you can have 2wd. These are amazing what you can do with them, theres even a club dedicated to the astro/safari's
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 10-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
check this page out for all the details, I am sporting the 45 model from ARB. It is exactly like the engle but has the temp read out.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/engel/

once you get one you become spoiled! they really fix so many of the issues related to back country travel...like looking for fresh ice for a cooler

If you have specific questions give those guys at expedition exchange a call they are masters of back country travel and will help you with anything you need.

But beware...that site is really addictive!

YIKES! That's allot of ice!