The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about
Default Rise

Received my copy of the new film (Rise) from Confluence Films on Monday and finally got to watch it. Once again they did an excellent job. The bar on fly fishing films has been set to an extremely high level. The chapter on the Henry's Fork alone is worth the price of admission. The only problem with this film and those like it is that my list of destinations continues to grow. I don't know how I will ever be able to afford or find the time to get to all of these places.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rise

txbevo: Thanks for the report on "Rise", guess I'm going to have to get a copy. I know what you mean, there are just too many great fishing destinations for us working folks to have the time or the money to enjoy all of them. On the other hand, I've heard the Henry's Fork can be quite challenging. The one DVD with Mike Lawson describes how to fish it effectively, so you should have a pretty good idea on the tactics to use. I might still get a guide for a half day before I try to tackle the Henry's Fork on my own.
Pete, a friend of mine from here in town spent several days on the Henry's Fork with his son this summer and they didn't do well. His description was something like, "there are a million bugs floating on the water, why would they be interested in my single fly".

Larry
Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it's finally out!!
Looking forward to seeing Millie catching Bones.

I just watched the trailer and didn't realize that Harrop and Lawson were in it. You will never find 2 people that love their fishery more than those two. http://www.confluencefilms.tv/films.php#

Hey Txbevo, can you look in the end credits and tell me if 'Larry Keel and Natural Bridge' are listed in the music credits? The last time we seen them he told us some of his music was going to be in 'Rise'.

Larry, this is the Bluegrass band we had seen the night before meeting you on the upper Green in August.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 11-04-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:43 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Where would be the best place to purchase it?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

You can order directly from the link I posted above. Just don't take the copy that I'm ordering in a while.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 11-04-2009, 06:50 PM

I ordered mine from Hatches Magazine and shipping was included. I ordered it on Friday and received it Monday. You can also order it from midcurrent.com and I believe they were offering free shipping as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Going to have to wait a while to buy anyways. Waiting for lawyers to tell me how much child support I will be paying. Would you recomend getting both dvds?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 AM

I definitely recommend both Drift and Rise. I have watched Drift several times and will probably end up watching Rise many times as well. To me, these are two of the best fly fishing films I have seen to date. One of the things I like is that they cover several different locations and types of fishing in each video.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I've only seen Rise's trailer thus far, but Drift is quite good.

Fans of either would likely enjoy RA Beattie's Nervous Water as well. It doesn't quite have the "Planet Earth" production beauty of Confluence's stuff, but its got like 4 total hrs of footage on the one dvd- http://www.fishwithra.com/nervouswater.html

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Both trailers look good, I think I'm going to get both when I can.