The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:40 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about
Default Nets

Suggestions on what type and size net to get. Going to be fishing primarily for trout.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM

TB3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nets

I like the newer plastic "ghost mesh." It's a clear, soft-plastic mesh which is supposed to be less obvious to fish than the standard black nylon mesh, reducing stress and helping make landing easier. In my experience, fish don't shy away from that material as much as ordinary nets, and it's also supposed to be better on their scales and slime layer than ordinary nets.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you, I will check out those nets next time I'm at Bass Pro.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

If you are big into the size of the fish you catch, they make some of them with a ruler printed in the netting. It is catch and release quality. The biggest thing as mentioned, is that you want something that will do minimal damage to a fish, check with your local fly shop if in doubt.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Thank you, I will check with my local fly shop as well. I don't want to cause the fish to much stress.