The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Teamanglerx will become famous soon enough
Default Trout Fishing Near Napa Valley California

My wife and I will be taking a trip to the San Francisco / Napa Valley area next year. While she is at her conference I was thinking of taking an opprotunity to fly fish. Redding is 3 hours away (a long drive for one day) and I wanted to know if anyone knew of anything trout guides or fly fishign schools in Frisco or Napa.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trout Fishing Near Napa Valley California

Here are your options.

Putah Creek is a tailwater trout fishery that is about an hour's drive east of the Bay Bridge. During this time of year, winter rules are in effect, so it's artificials, barbless, and catch and release only. From time to time, it gives up a 20"+ trout. For a guide, contact Greg Bonovich or Rick Fox. These two have the best reputation for the creek. Click here for Greg's website. I'll PM you Rick Fox's contact information.

Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters of San Francisco has its own fly fishing school in Sonoma County. That's a short drive north of the Golden Gate. For more information, call 866-672-1959.

The Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club is based out of San Francisco. Click here for more information.

MP
Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM

sbernall is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trout Fishing Near Napa Valley California

I tried to fish with Greg Recently on Putah Creek but he was booked. He recommended Off the Hook Fly Fishing Northern California Guided Fly Fishing | Off the Hook Fly Fishing Blog. My guide Jordan was young but good. I hooked a dozen fish but only managed to land two.

My only complaint was that I lost the two biggest fish and the only ones I landed were small.