The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold
Default I love Christmas shopping!

I have been looking at gearing up my son with his own set of mini waders, boots and his own rod. I have been talking with the local fly shops and checking online for these items for a few weeks now and for some reason this week it all came together. I scored a pair of Dan Bailey boots for half off over last weekend. Today I found a 4 wt Sage launch at Sierra Trading Post for $140 at lunch time and after I got home I found a set of Simms kids stocking foot waders for 90 bucks at red truck fly fishing co! I saved a total of about $150 to rig up my kid. I am so ready for warmer weather so we can fish!!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-10-2009, 06:56 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I love Christmas shopping!

Very cool, I have been looking for my 8 year old as well, though I am leary of him getting in the river due to the current, going to have to pick our spots well.

Way to go Dad!

d
Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, sounds like your a true power shopper with the deals you scored! Congrats!

Larry
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Good job finding the deals.

Since you're at it, get me a Winston BIIMX 9'6" 7 weight rod with a Steelhead graphic Abel Super 7 LA reel with backing and an 8 weight Sharkskin Steelhead Taper line. By the way, I reel with my right hand.

MP
Old 12-10-2009, 12:14 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Web you can take your kids to smaller spots like the little truckee, prosser creek or the east walker. Justin loves going to any one of them. MP I'll see what I can do for you.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Great jobs at finding great deals
Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

All you need now is a camera to capture so memories
Old 12-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Optio waterproof camera. It's my brother's that he bought when he was guiding but he doesn't anymore . He's letting me use it because my son dumped mine in a river last summer. Every camera owned will be waterproof from now on.