The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hungry Brown Trout

Here is an interesting photo of a Big hungry Brown trout with a smaller trout in his mouth (from the The Mountain River Fly Shop Blog):
Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the blog if you want to read the full story:
One Hungry Brown Mountain River Journal Weblog

Larry

Old 03-28-2011, 05:30 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hungry Brown Trout

Big fish eat little fish

Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Big fish eat little fish

Rip Tide: Yikees! Now that is a big mouth that took that bite!

Larry

Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 PM

kuka will become famous soon enough

Here in Patagonia the browns are very aggressive in this picture you can see also take my fly .. When I came bringing couldnot know it was ... looked like the mouth of the Rolling Stones in water
It's easy to see how spit also pejerreyes, which are some fish that they are accustomed to hunt in these rivers.
This happens on a date with the golden fish (Dorados) they attack any other fish that is on the tip of your line .. just yesterday i was fishing a Dorados in Rio de La PLata here in Buenos Aires and all the time you can see how they attack and eat your smaller fish. I promise to send photos ...
In Corrientes - Argentina Norte (Parana River), usually the smaller gold quickly take your fly between the sticks, but when they go fight in more open water is easy to see that a 30-pound dorado attack it and break all your equipment...
In my albun may see a picture of (Corrientes - Argentina) Parana river with the famous golden fish

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuka View Post
Here in Patagonia the browns are very aggressive in this picture you can see also take my fly .. When I came bringing couldnot know it was ... looked like the mouth of the Rolling Stones in water
It's easy to see how spit also pejerreyes, which are some fish that they are accustomed to hunt in these rivers.
This happens on a date with the golden fish (Dorados) they attack any other fish that is on the tip of your line .. just yesterday i was fishing a Dorados in Rio de La PLata here in Buenos Aires and all the time you can see how they attack and eat your smaller fish. I promise to send photos ...
In Corrientes - Argentina Norte (Parana River), usually the smaller gold quickly take your fly between the sticks, but when they go fight in more open water is easy to see that a 30-pound dorado attack it and break all your equipment...
In my albun may see a picture of (Corrientes - Argentina) Parana river with the famous golden fish

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Martin: Great photos, thanks for sharing! I don't know much about Dorados, but it sounds like they are very aggressive!

Larry

Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Simply amazing!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-29-2011, 05:18 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that old "serial fish eating" poster? I think it said: "there's no such thing as a free lunch" !!

Pocono
Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 AM

ssmith will become famous soon enough

Martin, that is amazing! I have never caught a trout eating another trout, but once and only once I hooked a walleye and while bringing him in a pike hit the walleye and would not let go. Hit him square in the side and ruined that one for dinner, but was a cool take as I landed a pike with no hook in its mouth.

'If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.'
Old 03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised for it happend to me twiceonce with a trout which attacked a small one I had just caught on dry...and one with a black bass who swallowed a small one I had caught on dry toothe funny thing is that both fish didn't want to let go their prey....they only did it when they were close to the bank and saw me....if Ard was here he would say it's not surprising at all
Old 03-29-2011, 12:44 PM

951tightline is on a distinguished road

It's amazing that they can eat fish that big! I've caught a lot of bass with small bluegil or crawdads in their mouth.

Tight Lines
Scott