The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM

hypobaricstalker will become famous soon enoughhypobaricstalker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to hypobaricstalker
Default Costa Green mirror or amber?

I'm about to buy some blackfins for fishing in Colorado, but what would be better? Green mirror 580's or amber 580's? What are the differences since the green mirror is an amber lense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Green mirror or amber?

I'll take Amber Lenses any day over a darker shade.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 03-29-2011, 05:05 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I just broke one of my lenses and sent them off to be replaced. I'm going from green mirrored to grey lenses. Other than being broke I liked them but decided grey was better for me. One less thing that stands out when fishing. Personal preference.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM

pete1229 is on a distinguished road

I have a pair of Costas with the silver mirror 580 and they are the best pair of fishing glasses I've owned. The base color is copper and is great for sunny days but also overcast days and evening fishing. I'd highly recommend this lens.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM

jessie2702 is on a distinguished road

I have the green mirror 580g costas and never new that glasses could help you see fish so easily. I tried on the green mirror and amber and I could honsetly not tell the difference outside on a sunny day.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

I sent a query into Costa and will reply here once they let me know. They could vary the tint visually or may be for style but hopefully they'll let us know.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/