The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Best part of fly tying? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/12218-best-part-fly-tying.html)

ant 01-09-2010 01:39 PM

Best part of fly tying?

When you knock over an almost full bottle of head cement and it gets everywhere.... :P

Jimmie 01-09-2010 01:49 PM

Re: Best part of fly tying?

Haven't had that one happen, and hope I never do.
The one that drives me crazy is to put three hooks near my vice, do a few things, look back and there are only two. Where do they go?

Bigfly 01-09-2010 01:57 PM

I'm torn, between picking out which recipe to tye, and the joy a rising fish gives when he falls for it.

flytyer_neal 01-09-2010 03:53 PM

I have a wood floor....drop one bead......and whammo.....it's gone to the Bermuda triangle

wild trout 01-09-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant (Post 77608)
When you knock over an almost full bottle of head cement and it gets everywhere.... :P

Been there done that. Not fun to clean up.

WT

fish_gypsy 01-09-2010 04:15 PM

Winding hackle (especially parachutes), and the thread breaks. You get to watch everything you just did unwind itself in slow motion.

Kerry Pitt 01-09-2010 05:15 PM

Hey Jimmie they go where all of the right handed gloves go!:D
I hate putting my scissors down and having them disappear! Like I haven't moved from my chair and they are gone.......then they turn up in the dogs dish or something!:p

dmwphoto 01-09-2010 08:45 PM

some funny stuff here guys

Guest1 01-09-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt (Post 77627)
Hey Jimmie they go where all of the right handed gloves go!:D
I hate putting my scissors down and having them disappear! Like I haven't moved from my chair and they are gone.......then they turn up in the dogs dish or something!:p

I was doing a weave on a rod and my tweezers vaporized. That was over a year ago and I still have not found them. I think they may have dropped and bounced into the heater vent. It's the only place left. It also fits with Murphy's law of selective gravity.

"Any object dropped will gravitate to the nearest small hole from which it can't be retrieved." (Jimmie....Neal?)

Flanigan's corollary; "Murphy was an optimist." He also wrote the Flannigan's finagelling factor; " The number when multiplied by the answer you got, gives you the answer you should have had." :D

Ronnie z 01-09-2010 09:49 PM

Last year my sister moved in for a couple of months,14.I tied my flies in the kitchen.One day while tieing,i had to go to the bathroom and left the cat admiring my ties.In a short period of time i cant beleive what that cat did with all my hackles..lol