Heading back to Cherokee tomorrow

ksigtuck

Reaction score
Going to fish the Raven's Fork in Cherokee again tomorrow. I have not been there for a couple of months and it is supposed to be fairly warm there tomorrow (50's). I figure I will have quite a few people on the river with me but it will be nice to finally get back on the water. This will also be my first trip out in the new waders and boots so I look forward to trying them out as well. I have yet to land a big fish there but hopefully tomorrow will be my lucky day:D
Tuck

FrankB2

Reaction score
Yup, tomorrow's looking good! Don't be to weirded out if the Simms boots
feel a bit stiff. It took a few trips to break mine in, but they're great now.

ksigtuck

Reaction score
Yea they do feel a little stiff. I figured that they were just like a good pair of hiking boots (finally comfortable after wearing them for a few months). I was sort of in between sizes as well so I went with the ones that were a little big so that will take a little getting used to as well.
Tuck

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuck,

Take your camera so we can see how you did.

I wonder if they break in or we just get use to them. I can see leather breaking in but I don't know about the synthetic materials they use today.

Frank

FrankB2

Reaction score
Hi Frank,
Good question. My Simms Rivershed boots have a much larger footprint than
the other boots I've owned. That offers great support when standing on certain types of rocky bottoms, but the were often awkward at first. They
also felt a bit floppy (I bought them a little big as well), but that disappeared
after a while. Maybe I got the laces right at some point, but even synthetic
materials must give a little at some point, perhaps creating a hinge that
makes them more comfortable. I loved/hated them for the first several trips,
but just love them now.

ksigtuck

Reaction score
Well today was a good day. First time that I have actually caught fish there. I caught 3 Rainbows (avg. 20"). The water was quite cool but the warmer weather definitely brought quite a few people out on the water. I did get a few pictures and will post them as soon as I can find the d*** cord to dump the pics off the camera to the computer...(sorry...a little frustrated considering I have been looking for it for the past hour to no avail). This was the first time that I have been on the water in my new Waders (Simms G3's) and new boots (Simms Rivershed) and I was amazed at the difference in feel and comfort of these waders compared to my older pair of Reddingtons. The contoured style of the Simms were a great fit and very comfortable. As for the boots...I have been a little worried on how they would do with the stream bed foot sole on them as all I have ever used have been felt soles in the past. The boots could not have been better. Very comfortable and I quickly forgot all worries. They gripped very well with studs installed. All and all it was a great day. Well it is time to hit the sack so I can get up in the morning to hit some local waters.
Tuck