The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 06:20 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default White Bass-a-palooza!

Honestly, I'm sore from catching fish.... Wow, yesterday was simply WB fishing at it's best, nearly a fish on every other cast. The ratio was 90 percent females to males and this is my largest, she was a bit over three pounds.
Click the image to open in full size.

Oh yeah- fish were caught-
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: White Bass-a-palooza!

Congrats! What fly are you using? All I see is a pink ball....
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 04-06-2011, 06:25 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Whoa, I'm jealous! I can remember great fishing for WB's and hybrids in TN while in grad school. Fun stuff!
Gary
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great day on the water, congrats!
Reminds me of my days in AK!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Thanks all- I tied a ba-gillion Clousers and in the end the local favorite was a little gray 1/64th oz jig with a red/orange head....when in Rome- We used full sinking lines and 6lb tippets. Most of the takes were super soft and the retrieve was a very slow crawl. I took one today from some fast water on the classic swing and he hammered the fly in more classic WB manner but he was the exception.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Russell, I go to school in springfield and am going to try for some this weekend on the ozarks. You catching these on the james? I've been making a point to try to hunt some down. I tied up a bunch of Wotton shad for some.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go russell, that's a great stringer of sandies. Here is a recipe that we have always used for them. Dip them in a egg and milk wash and then roll them in instant mashed potato flakes and fry. yummy

Dave
Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the recipe David, I have a freeze full and will try your batter. I'm thinking of White Bass fish tacos. Lancer- I sent you a PM with the specs on everything and everywhere I caught fish and precisely where to cross the river at...