The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Dream fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/12482-dream-fishing.html)

Bigfly 01-30-2010 07:03 PM

Dream fishing

Maybe it's because I focus on fishing a bit, but once in a while I fish in my sleep. Sometimes I replay a set on a fish I saw recently, occasionally I stalk an unknown fish, then again, I may replay an unpleasant incident where Walter got away. Full color and all. Anybody else honest, or dreamy enough to weigh in?
Have you awakened yourself setting, after a big day?
You have to admit, it's better than dreams of falling.

Noiso 01-30-2010 07:29 PM

Re: Dream fishing

. . . or of being at work.
I dream about fishing all the time - weird wonderful surreal dreams with lots of fish in the water.

arfishinbear 01-30-2010 08:00 PM

Dude,
Not only do I dream of fish my wife says I talk about it in my sleep.
Bear

mcnerney 01-30-2010 08:21 PM

When I dream of fishing it is usually to some exotic location or maybe some exclusive fly out fishing lodge....hooking into nothing but monster fish!

Larry

MoscaPescador 01-30-2010 10:56 PM

This dog is a hard core fishing dog. He dreams about fishing all the time.

Maybe squirrels?

MP

Guest1 01-30-2010 11:05 PM

I probably spent more time dreaming about spey casting last summer than I was actually spey casting. I dream about fishing all the time. I catch weird fish in my dreams sometimes. Odd imaginary things that don't really exist.

FrankB2 01-30-2010 11:15 PM

I have to go to my happy place when falling asleep, and guess what
that is. :D I do dream about fishing as well. Thinking about it just now, I don't
recall catching fish in my dreams, just being out on a stream. It's almost time
for bad, so I'll have to put my waders and vest on...LOL!

jpbfly 01-31-2010 02:50 AM

:secret::banned:won't tell anything about my dreams here:icon_redf....not to get a red card:D

wilky 01-31-2010 05:49 AM

i used to dream of fishing alot espesially after a long day out on the boat fishing for cod and mackeral always relived catching the best catches of the day :) and the ones that got away taking half my lineand tackle with it :@ but better than dreaming about work lol

vince

Rip Tide 01-31-2010 07:43 AM

Back in high school, I use to daydream in class about fly fishing and the outdoors to survive the boredom.
Practicing my cast in my mind became a such a constant 'tape loop' that I often went to sleep with it running at night and woke to it in the morning.
Writing about this now, it sounds a little disturbing to me :o, but it sure helped me with my stroke