The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM

bloodhound is on a distinguished road
Default Re: B-day wish list

wow Frank that is an awesome idea like when your parents told you to circle what you wanted in a toys are us, fleet farm, cabelas, ect ect. i likey i likey, but i also like the idea of her buying me material's for tying and then trying new patterns with what she picks, i have aboslutely no practical knowledge on anything but killer trout "candy" and i tie experimental variations and decide what is the best pattern for me and laugh at the guys who fish one hole upstream from me and catch nop fish or maybe 1-2 fish and i come and come clean house behind them with, for example a variation of a PT nymph but using ostrich herl in olive for the abdomen and rust brown/ ice dub mix thorax and a black brass bead because i like not pounding the bottom sometimes. or a hares ear somewhat like the TPO Torey's improved hares ear, but with a brushier fatter body and a little wiggle rubber in the abdomen and always tie it ahead of a size 22 zebra midge with a ball of rusty gold ice dub as like a behind the bead puff. i have caught the biggest trout i have ever caught in south eastern MN in a 19" brown on a size 16 toreys improved hares ear using olive hares ear instead of natural and a somewhat soft hackle behind the bead (SH was almost too long) one of my uglier ties and being the hole i was fishing i chose my least proud of ties and boom there it was. sorry guys having a moment there.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

daytripper is on a distinguished road

Weekend get-a-way!!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM

bloodhound is on a distinguished road

funny you should say that Daytripper,
My wife actually handed me an acordian folded piece of paper that said happe birthday, open it to see she photoshopped a picture of me with my first 20"+ brown on a flyrod, and below it put an unconditional 3 day 2 night fishing vacation for me. if i want to go alone cool with her, if i want to drag my step father off the farm cool with her, if i want her there cool with her (like i would go without her) and i can pick when, where (within reason) and if i want it to be boat fishing walleyes with my uncle on the mississippi river, or a canoe down the root river for 3 days thats cool with her. so in my opinion this is the best present i have ever gotten, i told her dont spend alot on me as we are still catching up from christmas and this is what she got me.
couldnt be more thrilled, this rivals say a DeYoung custom Abel reel, winston BIIx, parts i need for my LS1 powered nissan, ect. ect.