The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 PM

bloodhound is on a distinguished road
Default B-day wish list

Hey guys,
I have a problem with my wife has no idea what to get me for my Birthday and i do not want her to spend too much money for it as i have eveything i want in her. now i do need hooks, CDC, (want a few rite bobbins) ect, ect, but that is a little to specific for me to let her surprise me without either me putting it in an online basket or her getting the wrong items. So does anyone have a good review for a leader tying kit. other than that i think she will get me an xbox 360, all is good i want to play Fornza 3 racing sim. BUT i do not want her spending that much on me as i will not be able to spend that on her so any FF'ing simple and effective suggestions would be appretiated BTW i have till Wed 3 Feb.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:26 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: B-day wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my wife .....
this post started of bad. (just kidding).

Why not ask her for a weekend getaway for the two of you near a nice trout stream?

Happy birthday!

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

First off, Happy Birthday...If you have a fly shop near you a gift certificate would be the answer...She will know you got what you would like, and you get what you really want...

Dan
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
First off, Happy Birthday...If you have a fly shop near you a gift certificate would be the answer...She will know you got what you would like, and you get what you really want...

Dan
Yep i love gettin gife cards and so on...much better gift in my opinion...even if its to Bass Pro or Cabelas or whatever..gift cards are the best
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

If you dont like the gift card thing and you have a fly shop near you, just tell her to go and buy you tying material, tell her to pick out what ever she wants and then learn to ty new patterns with what she buys.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:44 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

i would say a gift card but the idea of her getting you tying materils of her choose could be alot of fun

vince
Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I'm for the weekend getaway. Rates at some mom and pop motels near mountain streams and lakes are usually reasonable.

MP
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Dave and MP
All the gear in the world is worthless if you don't use it.
Go somewhere cool for a long weekend
Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were looking for a leader kit, I was happy with the Orvis kit I bought
around 6 years ago. I've replaced all of the spools several times, using both
Orvis and Rio leader material. Tying different types of leaders can be a lot of
fun, and they do perform differently than extruded leaders.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi bloodhound,

I solved the "what to buy me for any occasion" a long time ago. Here is what I do. I take the Feather Craft catalog and mark anything I would like to get with a red marker. I pick all levels of cost and she can decide what she wants to spends. This way it is easy for my wife and I always get something I want and it is always a surprise. Most of the time she picked the more expensive items.

Frank