The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 10:17 AM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about
Default Nymphing Instructional Videos

I feel like I am starting to understand nymphing better and actually able to get some good results while out on the water. However, I know I still have a lot to learn and I am looking for some more instructional resources, specifically DVDs so that I can further increase my learning curve. I have seen Kelly Galloup's Nymphing by Numbers DVD (it is available through Netflix) and it was good. My research has turned up a few titles. There is one by Pat Dorsey, Rick Hafele and Trout Guys (Mike Pawlaski of the tv show Familiar Waters). Has anyone watched these videos and have any reviews or recommendations?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default Re: Nymphing Instructional Videos

TX, although this is slightly off from your question, a great way to see what your offering should look like, is watch Ralf Cutters vid "Bug Underworld". Iv'e seen it a dozen or more times, always see something new. Just fish & bugs. If you come out this way, give me a holler. The Truckee is a "Nymphing River".

Bigfly
Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, 'Bugs of the underworld' will make you reexamine what your flies are doing and when.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 AM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

Hopefully I'm not too rude, but would love to piggyback on your topic.

Anyone have any instructional videos in general? I found some orvis vids that were quality.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:41 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

i use you tube mostly its free and theres loads of info on every aspect of fly fishing its the first placei look if i'm looking for a video to help me understand and learn

vince
Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I second YouTube, though DVD's are able to go into extended detail, the 'Tube is an awesome resource.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.