The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough
Default patagonia products

Over the summer i put a huge rip in my waders right at the crotch area. I slipped on some rocks and split the waders wide open. I sent my waders back just recently to have them repaired. Patagonia offered to do them for free and if they would have still made the waders they would have sent me a new pair. He also offered me a gift card for what i paid for them. I chose that one cause they are coming out with redesigned waders. This morning i woke up and found $250 in my bank account. I was excited because i thought they would charge me a ton to fix them and a whole bunch of hassle. So if you are looking for tough waders, give patagonia a look. this is the third time i used their iron clad guarantee. They are always friendly and honor their warranty. There waders are super tough. the one that finally did my waders in was this rock that had a super knife edge. Some of the spill i took before them should have put a whole in them a long time ago. The new waders are suppose to be tougher and also come with the same warranty. I know, one is never sure what he is getting himself into when purchasing gear. I never dealt with any other wader brands and hopes this helps someone out. Oh and im not a patagonia rep
Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: patagonia products

Great...It's always nice to see a company stand behind their product...

Dan
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

I just bought some patagonia boots on steepandcheap and while they are not the easiest on the eyes, they were cheap and I've never had issues with their gear. Looking forward to getting them.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:37 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

I will be taking a long look at their gear. Testimonials like this plus it just looks to me like they "get it" in gear design.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

daytripper is on a distinguished road

I'd like to know what you end up getting from them (your next pair) if you dont mind! Thanks
Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM

bloodhound is on a distinguished road

I (dont laugh) am a die hard combat boots and columbia omni shade convertable user over using waders kinda guy (obviously not in cold weather)
but when my Very purist uncle let me use a pair of Patagonia wader to go trout fishing the big horn last august, I fell in love with them. BTW this guy makes his own RE-Curve bows, Arrows, Broad heads, Tee-pee for wyoming elk hunting, and has made several fly rods, flies, and made his own birch bark canoe that btw is the most amazing thing i have ever seen. so anyways coming from this kind of purist they are good and i am very sold.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I use Patagonia products for layering all the time when I'm fishing in cold weather. In fact, I'm sitting at the keyboard right now wearing one of their R3 zip-front Regulator tops. I think that they make great products. I also have a pair of their Marlwalker boots for flats fishing; bonefish, permit, etc. I also use their clothes for skiing; without exception; from the long underwear all the way out to the soft shell. Their guarantee is excellent.

Another good company for honoring replacement policies is LLBean. I brought a pair of boots; must have been 10-12 years old, into Bean's South Freeport, Maine store last summer; the soles had separated, and without so much as a second look, they handed me a box with a new set of boots in it. I like that kind of replacement policy. I did the same with an Adirondack chair about 2 years ago. We'd left a pair of them outside in the salt air for about 8 years and one of them finally split at the back leg joint. No problem, no questions.... we have a new chair!

Last edited by Pocono; 02-01-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough

i plan on getting the watermaster. from the looks of it they are way tougher. The patagonia rep said they are made of tougher material. like i said before the light weight ones i had were tough. i also didnt metion that i got those waders 2 years ago. I know simms only fix them with in a year for free. The guy was gonna patch them up then i could return them in the spring for a new pair. The new redisined waders are coming out in the spring. so they are really cool. They dont want you to go with out a pair of waders. I own a pair of patagonia wading shoes as well. they have fallen apart (stiching came apart on one shoe) but i wont be sending them in because im looking to get a pair of simms with the vibram soles. My shoes fell apart cause i go fishing about 2-3 time a week, wade for miles. I also wade like a retard. I fall at least 2 times a trip.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I put several seasons in a pair of Patagonia SST waders. I retired them with one hole in a non-critical area. Actually they are still being used by someone who does not fish a lot. I now have a pair of Watermaster II waders that have well over 100 fishing days in them. So far no failures. The Patagonia rep wants me in the current model, but it is hard to give up something that works so well.

I sent back one pair of Patagonia boots back a few years back. I only put about 15 days in them. Patagonia replaced the boots with the current model without asking me a lot of questions.

MP
Old 02-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

1st release of Watermasters. 300+ days of fishing/guiding a year,X 5 yrs, divided by $250. = .16 cents a trip. (check my math).
Last winter I fished a little damp, but I fished them to death. A great value.
Like guide friend says, just put a jar by the door, put a quarter in every time you go a fishin!
I say again, apply a thin bead of aqua seal on all exposed threads on new wading boots. They last a lot longer.

Bigfly