The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 10:07 AM

ssmith will become famous soon enough
Default totally confused

Click the image to open in full size.

Why is there a mayfly nymph in my bathroom shower? No lie, I got up this morning and before my triple s, I found this in the tub. I have no reasonable explanation for this occurance...

Anyone want to take a stab...?

'If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.'
Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: totally confused

God is visiting a plague upon you..?

Have you been in the waters recently? I found a stonefly crawling around my basement last week a few days after I was in the river fishing. I figured it clung to my waders and came home with me.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
God is visiting a plague upon you..?
This is the best answer you will get. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
I figured it clung to my waders and came home with me.
This however, I suspect is the right answer. In other words it was a hitch hiker.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's a silverfish..... not good

Silverfish
Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I think that's a silverfish..... not good

Silverfish
As do I, and RT's right ... NOT good news.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I vote Silverfish, I've examined mayfly nymphs ranging from the burrowing guttulata to the tiny baetidae and that is not a mayfly.

I haven't seen one of those for years but Paul's nailed this one for sure. We had them show up now and them in the old house where I grew up. The home had everything they like, a damp dirt cellar, big coal furnace, and three kids who dropped crumbs that found their way to the woodwork.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

There must be a picture in that post that is blocked where I am at the moment, because I see nothing in that post. I just assumed you knew what it was and that there wasn't a picture.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

We have them here as well. An old 1780s farm house.
They're not the pests that cockroaches can be, and I never see them in the living area. Just occasionally in the attic or dirt floored cellar and often when I'm working on the exterior, hiding under the clapboards.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Oh yeah, under the siding, in the wood pile, and so forth but not a real pest. My mother didn't care for them at all though Fast and kinda squirmy little buggers too.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-11-2011, 01:23 PM

joshuanoerr is on a distinguished road

Also voting for a silverfish.

If it is a nymph, it may be an indication of brook trout starting to inhabit your shower. If that's the case, you my friend, are in for a treat!

I know I'm addicted