The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 10:03 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about
Default could someone suggest some good articles?

im looking for some good articles on all kinds of fishing...such as fishing nymphs,streamers drys and so on...looking for something on trout really just looking for some articles to get me started in the right direction....my casting is getting better but my fishing is not...i have heard of tons of kinds of things like swinging streamers and so on and i really dont know what they mean so looking for anything i can get
Old 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: could someone suggest some good articles?

i learned tons of stuff off the Orvis ff podcast. they are free and ill choose the one pertaining to my situation and down load it to my ipod. On the way to the spot i would listen to them. I also spend lots of time on the river. You can learn a ton. I have learned that all rivers fish differently. Your best bet is to go to the local fly shop in that area and ask for advice. They are always willing to give it. I recommend going to the shop that guides that river. They can better tell you how to fish it and what flies to use.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:35 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about

ill have to search for the Orvis podcast i listen to tons of them
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

YouTube is also a good resource. There are a number of nymphing technique videos and others I am sure.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

i'm with kerry about you tube i spend ages on there watching the videos on techniques and tip also the fly tying you tube is a great resource and free which is always great

vince
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

lots of articles on midcurrent
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Luked: Another good site is the fly fishing internet radio site, look through their archives. I like to listen to their shows while I'm tying flies. Fly Fishing - Internet Radio

Larry