The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default Need to get some new waders?

so next piece of gear i need to get are some waders....would like to get some of the breathables....id like to go with something in the $130 range or so....i have a pair of hodgeman neopreen now and they work good but are jsut a tad small for me...anyone know of a good pair that wont break the bank would like stocking foot as well....id say i need a large depending on how the fit goes for each brand...not sure how much they differ...im 5'10" and weigh 190 with a size 10 shoe....i have a good pair of boots so thats not a big deal there
Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to get some new waders?

Look at the Cabelas waders
A number of them are on sale right now.
I've owned 5-6 different pairs over the years and was never sorry

Cabela's -- Men's Fishing Waders
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Rips rigtht, for the money its hard to beat Cabelas, I bought my wife and son and I all a pair of them to get started three years ago, to get the wife and son started that is, I just got a pair cuss I'm a gear junkie lol, but they are still holding up great.
If you want to go top of the line though, look at Simms or Orvis
Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

yea im gonna look at the Cabelas a little more and maybe the LL Bean as well...like the 100% garontee
Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luked View Post
yea im gonna look at the Cabelas a little more and maybe the LL Bean as well...like the 100% garontee
The LL Bean guarantee is impossible to beat. I've seen Bean waders, but never used them. A guarantee is nice if you're not mailing leaky waders back
every other month, but Bean products seem fine to me.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:52 PM

mikesalmon is on a distinguished road

LL Bean Warranty is Hard to Beat

A couple of guys I fish with have had their leaky waders replaced by Bean after wearing them a couple of years.

It sounds like a no brainer!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I have seven or eight years in the Cabela's G-II's I'm wearing and I duck hunt in them, too. Some wear in the inseams where they rub against each other I've patched with Aqua Seal, otherwise no probs. Good product especially at the price.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I picked up the Cabela Seamless guide waders (Cabela's Guidewear® Pro® Welded Waders) and they are nice, but a word of caution, buy a size too big especially if you have longer legs. I have a 30 inch inseam and they still on occasion let me know I could use a little more room when I am in winter layers. These are on sale right now for like $250.

d
Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 AM

would like to stay around $200 or so...lookin pretty hard at the Simms freestone waders
Old 02-08-2010, 01:37 PM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
I picked up the Cabela Seamless guide waders (Cabela's Guidewear® Pro® Welded Waders) and they are nice, but a word of caution, buy a size too big especially if you have longer legs. I have a 30 inch inseam and they still on occasion let me know I could use a little more room when I am in winter layers. These are on sale right now for like $250.

d
I got some for Christmas, and they are borderline tight on the crotch. I'm 6' 1" and if I have bulky pants the waders are uncomfortable. Since I always wear Simms under-wader pants it's not a problem. I researched waders for 6 months, and concluded that Cabela's is the best for the money. Simms are the best overall, but were out of my budget.