The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 08:08 PM

crashfromboston is on a distinguished road
Default anyone have a link for cheap hemostats ?

i hate losing them, cause the tackle stores kill you on them..
Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
MikeyBob365 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: anyone have a link for cheap hemostats ?

my pops is a doctor, so if i ever need a pair i just ask him and he'll get me one... point is, if you know anyone in the medical field they could probably get you a pair free, if not very cheap!

always a nice gesture to invite a doctor to go with you, cause its inevitable for them to have an expensive mid-life crisis and get a motorcycle, start sky-diving, so might as well let them spend loads of cash on something safer!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that many medical hemostats have the flat, non-serrated section behind the serrations. Trying to pinch down a barb on a small fly is impossible. The hemostats sold by fly fishing companies have the flat section at the tip in front of the serrations.

MP
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sierra Trading post has cheap stuuf. I recently bought Dr. Slick scissors for some rediculous price like $4.00. 40% to 70% off everything all the time. I love the place. You have to check them all the time though. It's closeout stuff and discontinued items. It goes pretty fast sometimes. It has an online store.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

I'll second the Sierratradingpost.com web site... was just on there today and saw some Dr. Slick for around $3...
Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Sierra Trading Post is the bomb. Great deals. I saw the curved serrated hemos on sale at Wal Mart yesterday for $3.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Crash,

I have been using the same Hemos for over 30 years. How are you loosing them?

You need to fasten them to something so they can't get lost. There are so many places on your vest that you can fasten Hemos to. If you are dropping them into the water and loosing them you might want to fasten them to a zinger.

Now watch, the next I go fishing I will probably loose my Hemos.

Frank
Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I put mine on a zinger. I've found them before walking the shore line. I'm guessing they had them clipped on their vest and it got pulled off by a little tree branch or something. I'm afraid of dropping stuff while out in the water so most things have a zinger attatchment.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:29 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

They need to put one on the Swiss Army knife.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 PM

crashfromboston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
I put mine on a zinger. I've found them before walking the shore line. I'm guessing they had them clipped on their vest and it got pulled off by a little tree branch or something. I'm afraid of dropping stuff while out in the water so most things have a zinger attatchment.
i lose mine in a similar way. and my last zinger broke.. so i need to replenish.. i was doing a lot of surf fishing and once i lose them there they are impossible to locate..