The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 05:43 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Pulled the trigger on that Okuma 7' 3wt

Took my new Okuma 7', 3wt to an undisclosed small stream and tossed dries at willing wild browns for a couple hours this morning.
Weather was cool and cloudy and a small BWO hatch provided enough fodder for those little brownies to go into a feeding frenzy. They took everything I threw at them including size 20 BWO, Matt's Midge, Para Adams and even a size 16 stimy that Bones gave out at the swap last year.
It took a little while to get used casting the new shorty but got the hang of it pretty quickly. Nice little rod for the money.
I got an Alpha 3/4 from Justin for the rod but haven't switched the line to it yet.
Here's the first fish caught on the new rod.
Click the image to open in full size.

And a shot of Jaws Junior

Click the image to open in full size.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pulled the trigger on that Okuma 7' 3wt

Awesome fish and pictures!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Were you so eager to fish that you forgot to take the shrinkwrap off the handle?

Seriously, congrats on the new toy and nice fish.

Dennis
Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Were you so eager to fish that you forgot to take the shrinkwrap off the handle?

Seriously, congrats on the new toy and nice fish.

Dennis
I know huh. It's still on there. I'll take it off today when I put line on the new Alpha 3/4.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/