posting from photobucket

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
For those of you who try to post from photobucket, here is what happens when you do it the wrong way and the right way.
The wrong way is to copy the Direct link address from photobucket and then simply paste it with your commentary.
The correct way, is to copy the direct link under your photobucket picture, then when you come here to post it, you click on the little yellow box just above your text box. It looks like a small mountain in a small square and is meant for adding the url of the picture you want to add.
You click on it then a small box comes up with http:// shown in blue. Do not click on it at all, simply right click and then click on paste, or if you have a Mac you hit "command v" and the url will be put in your dialogue box correctly and you will get the same results I did in the second picture.
The empty brown box occurs if you do not utilize the icon for adding a picture.
Hope this helps......Kerry

[ame]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/Inconnu_2006/LilCorky1.jpg[/ame]

Last edited:

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
Okay smarty pants!;)

Here are the pictures. I found these at a shop somewhere, I can't remember where. The one is obviously manufactured for retail and the other is a copy, or an attempt at it. I thought it was kind of cool to find them. Now don't you feel bad about mocking my efforts??!!:D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Crazy looking flies, I thought the first one was some sort of fire cracker tied to a hook with a feather on top!

Larry

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
Yep, the second fly looks like saturday morning with runny mascara.
I have no sea where they came from but I kind of liked them.:)

Hopefully this description at the first post was of some help to folks.
Off to work I go.......Kerry

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
Thanks Rip! I payed nothing for them, I just liked the look of them and the second one in the second post looks like it was home made, sort of to emulate the first one. Nice to have a bit of info on them!:)

Last edited:

crittergetter

Reaction score
And here I thought he added the rust to the hook on purpose. I was about to post to the fly tying spot how do you get the rust on the hook. Was it before adding the feathers to the fire cracker or after :D

PS... thanks for the posting help. I have been frustrated with that on this site.

CritterGetter

webrx

Reaction score
Without causing too much of a stir, I believe these may be early redneck bass lures, you simply light the fuse, toss the bug near the bass and BOOM you collect your dinner and head home ;)

Just kidding, thanks for the picture posting info Kerry.

d

Kerry Pitt

Reaction score
No problem Frank.
Where I grew up we called those exploding lures "James Island Spinners." James Island being the site of a dynamite plant.:)