The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 AM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Member From West Virginia (FlySlinger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Welcome from across the pond FWZGreat and friendly people on this forum
Hi jbbfly It is nice to meet people from abroad...Actually how is the Fishing there...Do You have similar Bugs like Sulfurs and Bwo's ....How is the Country is it rough or fairly easy to get arount...What are the seasons there...is it like ours...If it is then Trout season is around the corner hmm I would like to ask you lot of questions....My be we could Talk a little more is there a type of Instant messaging There ?? Hmmm Maybe we can talk a little more latter......

Thank You

FlySlinger (Frank W Zervos)
Old 02-12-2010, 11:32 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I grew up in the Eastern Panhandle, near Martinsburg. Hunt in Morgan County. Usually fish the North Fork of the South Branch around Seneca Rocks to Smoke Hole.

Romped all over most of the state at one time or another. Family in Lewis County (my father grew up there), Summers and Kanawha counties.

Been to Wheeling once. To Oglbay park. That was years ago when I was in High School.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

FlySlinger. Good to have you here. Some neat threads recently on spun deer hair bugs.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwphoto View Post
Hi Frank,

I am from Buckhannon, WV. I currently live in Richmond, Va.
I love to fish the Cheat River, Seneca rocks area, and the Cranberry river. I fly fish... that may be an understatement LOL.

Thanks for looking through my galleries.
Dave
Perhaps we could join up on a river sometime...
I used to go right through Buckannon on my way to my grandparent's place. Now they have the by-pass, so I haven't been in the city for a long time.
My sister was in the Strawberry Festival pageant back in the day.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:44 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I used to go right through Buckannon on my way to my grandparent's place. Now they have the by-pass, so I haven't been in the city for a long time.
My sister was in the Strawberry Festival pageant back in the day.
small world aint it? I have been in the Strawberry festival parade in my convertible once.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I grew up in the Eastern Panhandle, near Martinsburg. Hunt in Morgan County. Usually fish the North Fork of the South Branch around Seneca Rocks to Smoke Hole.

Romped all over most of the state at one time or another. Family in Lewis County (my father grew up there), Summers and Kanawha counties.

Been to Wheeling once. To Oglbay park. That was years ago when I was in High School.
Hi Axle I haven't Been in the Your neck of the Woods at all Except to Olgeby Park they have quite a Trout lake there...I guess WV is a pretty large State When you talk of Trout streams When ever you Find a good one you just keep going back there Year after year...and you leave the others alone....Well I Hope we all get to meet...It wood be nice I will Talk to you fellows later.....

FlySlinger

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwphoto View Post
small world aint it? I have been in the Strawberry festival parade in my convertible once.
Hi Dave You Know Dave I Have never Been in Buckannon in my life although I have been aweful near there....I always traveled on Threw That area on my way to Elkins...When you are on your way to the Mountains you are always in such a big hurry...No time for sight Seeing...

I had an old girlfriend that I think lived there..I don't know if she is even alive ....I would love to run into her again...She would have to be 59.....LOL

WV is Such a big Small State when you talk about the Streams and the little Villages and the Cities Every one living there lives...Not at all like the Eastern Seaboard....I think I will keep WV..Guess what Dave It Time to Catch Trout all over...I am all Fired up right now, like i am every year at this time.....

Some thing might come up and we will meet down there...HA HA
Old 02-13-2010, 09:08 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Welcome. WV has many places to fish so enjoy it.

Last edited by jcw355; 02-13-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Hello from Alberta, Canada. I think I am supposed to go to Virginia this year, but I can't remember where exactly.....another "to do" on my list.
Welcome, this is one of the best places I have visited since I began looking around in 1995, enjoy the knowledge and by all means add to it!!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:16 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough

Welcome from another WV native...I grew up in Beckley and still have a place down on the Greenbrier.
Tuck
Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksigtuck View Post
Welcome from another WV native...I grew up in Beckley and still have a place down on the Greenbrier.
Tuck
Hi Ive Fished the Greenbrier Before for Smallmouth we Drifted it....Had a lot of Fun.....Its a long haul from Were I live.....Wheeling Yea Its a long Haul....But I had a Blast....

FlySlinger (Frank W Zervos)