The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default New Member From West Virginia (FlySlinger)

Hi my User name is FlySlinger my real name is Frank W Zervos
I guess I am Introducing myself.. I think I would have introduced my self a while ago, but I am not to swift with a computer you should have seen what a tough Time I Had posting some of my photo's....lol I almost gave up...I sent this once before and it just vanished.... Because I don't know where I am sending this.....Any way I will tell you a little about myself....I am a West Virginian....I am a born raised Hillbilly....I Lived Quit a While in Rutherford NJ Where I took my first fly Tying lessons
in Clifton NJ, TU sponsored This... What fond Memories I Have from that time...Made many friends some have just Drifted away with the Wind....I was most strongly Influence in my Flytying By Winnie and Mary Dette, and Joe Messinger This a Different Story...Every time I would go and Visit in Roscoe, I would go over to the House on cottage street I Think I was a pain in the butt ....Hmm I wonder if Mary still remembers me...I Gave Her Two Hair Bugs If you where to remind her of those I am sure she would remember me....I gave her a Messinger Frog and a Poor Bills Whampous Cat.....Yea I can't see her not remembering that......LOL Well I hope she is still doing well....

Then I moved back home to West Virginia and I Have been tying Fly's ever since....

I hope to tye for you fellows If the Good Lord is willing for quite a while If I may

I better go because I am talking your Ears off... as we say in WV....

Talk To You Later

Frank W Zervos
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Member From West Virginia (FlySlinger)

Hi Frank,

Great job of breaking the ice (as we say in Alaska) welcome to the forum. I was born in Pennsylvania but have migrated several times and finally made my home in AK. I will look to see your flies, we have a forum called Share Patterns. I will bring a thread regarding posting pictures back to the board so you may be able to figure out how to do it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

welcome aboard from another WV native. I will be heading over that way come spring...

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 AM

Hi Dave this is FlySlinger (Frank W Zervos) I checked out all of your work and It is Excellent ....There is a lot of work there....I could take some Tips...LOL..Where are you From In West Virginia? I am From Moundsville...Near Wheeling.....Where is this Channel Based...I have a lot to learn here. Do You Fly Fish??

Talk To you Later

Frank W Zervos
Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

Hi Frank,

I am from Buckhannon, WV. I currently live in Richmond, Va.
I love to fish the Cheat River, Seneca rocks area, and the Cranberry river. I fly fish... that may be an understatement LOL.

Thanks for looking through my galleries.
Dave
Perhaps we could join up on a river sometime...

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Welcome to the Forum...

Dan
Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Great to see another WV guy here.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:37 AM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

Welcome from the left coast Flyslinger! I indeed look forward to seeing some of your work - and everyone elses for that matter as I just got a vise.
Thanks in advance for sharing!
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 02-12-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwphoto View Post
Hi Frank,

I am from Buckhannon, WV. I currently live in Richmond, Va.
I love to fish the Cheat River, Seneca rocks area, and the Cranberry river. I fly fish... that may be an understatement LOL.

Thanks for looking through my galleries.
Dave
Perhaps we could join up on a river sometime...
Hi Dave I like to Fish Shavers of the Cheat River and The Elk River....I am from Wheeling Area...So It puts me Pretty Far North, So I Fish Western Maryland a lot...There are a Lot off Dynamite Streams there...Those Streams are not to much for May Fly's though..Caddis Flies.... When it warms up a Bit I don't mind the long drive to the Bottom of the state for my Mayfly action..

I Hope will be talking and we can talk more about this subject....Fell Free to PM me any time...or that goes for anybody in this Group....I always enjoy the Conversation ....

Frank W Zervos

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
Great to see another WV guy here.
Hi axle What Part of West Virginia are you from...We May Be Neighbors...

I would like to here more from you...I'll be checking to catch more of your messages....

Frank w Zervos (FlySlinger)

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
Welcome from the left coast Flyslinger! I indeed look forward to seeing some of your work - and everyone elses for that matter as I just got a vise.
Thanks in advance for sharing!
You Getting Involved in a whole new world Noiso....Maybe I can give you some Pointers....

Talk to me when you can

Frank W Zervos
Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome from across the pond FWZGreat and friendly people on this forum