The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Sharing info (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/12671-sharing-info.html)

Kerry Pitt 02-15-2010 05:01 PM

Sharing info

Funny how small the world gets sometimes. A friend of mine who manages to stay at home with his little boy while Mom goes out to work (Darren runs an online fly fishing store) sends out blog updates, pretty much every day.
A few days ago I got one that I just now had a look at and found this....
The Flies of Ard Stetts Presented by Salmonfly.Net

Great background info on a very good fly tyer.

mcnerney 02-15-2010 05:19 PM

Re: Sharing info

Kerry: Yes, I have to agree, it is funny how the internet has made information so readily available! Yes, Ard is a great fly tier and I love to read his articles, he has a very nice style of writing that is very enjoyable to read.

Larry

dmwphoto 02-15-2010 05:34 PM

no surprise to me to see Ard's name come up in flyfishing anything. You are right though, the internet has brought this big ol planet down to a more manageble size...

Guest1 02-15-2010 09:03 PM

Great post Kerry, I enjoy Ard's writting and his flies. I had just read the Answer , and it isn't pretty stories the other day. If you guys have not read them they are in the archives part of Salmon fly.

Jimmie 02-15-2010 10:15 PM

Way Cool! That article had me hypnotized. You think it's cause we know him? Thanks for that link Kerry.

Hardyreels 02-15-2010 10:46 PM

About the "Sharing Info" thread

Oh yeah, that......................

Well Kerry has left the cat out of the bag so to say. By now you know if you followed his link to Salmonfly that I am a closet story teller and bearer of fact. If you do follow that link you can find the most recent piece from January 2010 by clicking the 'Home' button.

Some of our members knew about this site and my literary musings, others have not. I have never posted any open forum threads regarding the articles but I do not object to the info being laid bare at this time.

Thank you Kerry, for sharing the site. It has been a pleasure for me to be allowed to string words together in my attempt to convey some of my thoughts and observations about the things I encounter here in Alaska; both good and bad. I am working on the March installment at this time and hope it is enjoyed.

For all those interested in patterns for Pacific Salmon and Steelhead, the site offers a wonderfully large index of them. It is my desire to turn the Alaska Forums section of our home here at NAFFF into a resource for our membership and I will do my best to accomplish this. However my writings will be aired at the Salmonfly publication as long as they will have me.

Thank you, to all who have made such kind comments about my essays. :clap:

Ard

It is my pleasure to remind everyone that now with the advent of the Alaska Forums you will have a direct path to information about Alaska simply by posting your questions or comments to our own resource. We will be building our own Ak. fly index and you will be able to communicate directly with someone who uses the flies.

Kerry Pitt 02-16-2010 09:28 AM

Re: About the "Sharing Info" thread

Ard I had to share it, you do what you do very well. :)

Rip Tide 02-16-2010 02:08 PM

I enjoyed the "Fishing with Bears"
Good "no B.S." advise
Much more sane then the paranoia currently being spread on another site

FrankB2 02-16-2010 02:42 PM

I just read "Fishing with Bears". Great article, Ard. My brother-in-law is a C-130 pilot, and spent several years at Elmendorf AFB. He's an avid fly angler,
and had was torn up a bit by a bear once. While he had a magnum, he chose
to ball up and take his chances. I was wading in a stream last summer, and a
guy told me that I should get out because he had seen a snake earlier. I tried
to politely shoo him away, but he was insistent. I then became less polite.
Besides, the snakes in New Jersey's Pine Barrens make the snakes in Buck County look like nightcrawlers...LOL!!!!

P.S. There's a pic of Nancy in that article. She looks like a great fishing partner, Ard!