The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Sharing info

Funny how small the world gets sometimes. A friend of mine who manages to stay at home with his little boy while Mom goes out to work (Darren runs an online fly fishing store) sends out blog updates, pretty much every day.
A few days ago I got one that I just now had a look at and found this....
The Flies of Ard Stetts Presented by Salmonfly.Net

Great background info on a very good fly tyer.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharing info

Kerry: Yes, I have to agree, it is funny how the internet has made information so readily available! Yes, Ard is a great fly tier and I love to read his articles, he has a very nice style of writing that is very enjoyable to read.

Larry
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

no surprise to me to see Ard's name come up in flyfishing anything. You are right though, the internet has brought this big ol planet down to a more manageble size...

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Kerry, I enjoy Ard's writting and his flies. I had just read the Answer , and it isn't pretty stories the other day. If you guys have not read them they are in the archives part of Salmon fly.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:15 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Way Cool! That article had me hypnotized. You think it's cause we know him? Thanks for that link Kerry.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default About the "Sharing Info" thread

Oh yeah, that......................

Well Kerry has left the cat out of the bag so to say. By now you know if you followed his link to Salmonfly that I am a closet story teller and bearer of fact. If you do follow that link you can find the most recent piece from January 2010 by clicking the 'Home' button.

Some of our members knew about this site and my literary musings, others have not. I have never posted any open forum threads regarding the articles but I do not object to the info being laid bare at this time.

Thank you Kerry, for sharing the site. It has been a pleasure for me to be allowed to string words together in my attempt to convey some of my thoughts and observations about the things I encounter here in Alaska; both good and bad. I am working on the March installment at this time and hope it is enjoyed.

For all those interested in patterns for Pacific Salmon and Steelhead, the site offers a wonderfully large index of them. It is my desire to turn the Alaska Forums section of our home here at NAFFF into a resource for our membership and I will do my best to accomplish this. However my writings will be aired at the Salmonfly publication as long as they will have me.

Thank you, to all who have made such kind comments about my essays.

Ard

It is my pleasure to remind everyone that now with the advent of the Alaska Forums you will have a direct path to information about Alaska simply by posting your questions or comments to our own resource. We will be building our own Ak. fly index and you will be able to communicate directly with someone who uses the flies.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 02-16-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Add Content
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: About the "Sharing Info" thread

Ard I had to share it, you do what you do very well.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the "Fishing with Bears"
Good "no B.S." advise
Much more sane then the paranoia currently being spread on another site
Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I just read "Fishing with Bears". Great article, Ard. My brother-in-law is a C-130 pilot, and spent several years at Elmendorf AFB. He's an avid fly angler,
and had was torn up a bit by a bear once. While he had a magnum, he chose
to ball up and take his chances. I was wading in a stream last summer, and a
guy told me that I should get out because he had seen a snake earlier. I tried
to politely shoo him away, but he was insistent. I then became less polite.
Besides, the snakes in New Jersey's Pine Barrens make the snakes in Buck County look like nightcrawlers...LOL!!!!

P.S. There's a pic of Nancy in that article. She looks like a great fishing partner, Ard!