The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 09:52 PM

mighty fly is on a distinguished road
Default New member from NorCal

Hi all,
Iíve been lurking for the last two months and thought it was time to sign up. Iím new to Fly fishing so I donĎt have much knowledge to share. Iím counting on your help to get me through the learning process and I know itíll be never ending. From reading this site daily, thereís tons a great knowledge and many of you willing to share.

After fishing with spinning and conventional equipment for most of my life, I decided to take the plunge. Iím looking at retiring in about 4 years and love the challenge of learning something new. From reading the many sites and speaking to other fly fisherman, I realize this is no joke and Iím learning to walk all over again. I look forward to reading the forums and hope to share some fishing stories soon.

Regards,
Mighty Fly
Old 02-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member from NorCal

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site. There are a lot of great people here, and someone here can answer virtually every question you may ever have. I'm sure you will enjoy your time on the site.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM

You're absolutely right regarding the people on this site.

Thanks for the welcome Diver Dan!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

mighty fly: Welcome to the forum! We look forward to your posts and hope we can help you learn the great sport of fly fishing!

Larry
Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Larry: I look forward to being on the site and I thank you for the welcome.

Mighty fly
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the site! What waters do you fish in NorCal?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mighty Fly,
Welcome to the forum. I too live in NorCal (Western Placer County). It looks like you are up for a new challenge. Here is the reality of fly fishing. If you can drift a worm underneath a bobber, you can fly fish. From there, you can expand your horizons.

Hmmm.... four years from retirement. The local fly shop owners will smell you coming from a mile away.

MP
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome from across the pondGreat forum and great people hereyou took the plunge in the right place
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Welcome to the sport. The more you know the more you don't know and need to know. It is very addictive and multidimensional

Somebody posted here once..
Fly fishing isn't about the destination it is about the never ending journey. I know that was swiped from the "Life is.." quote but it is true. At points you will be utterly frustrated only to turn around with your first top water take or run and jump or simply that Zen moment of you and the environment you are in..

Anyway.. welcome

Critter
Old 02-18-2010, 01:44 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

From one fly fishing noob to another...

This site is loaded with info and in the short month I've been on board, I've learned a lot about fishing and now tying... go figure one sport would have two great hobbies.

- Justin