The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 05:22 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Problem

Would like some views on this:

I purchased a Rio Mainstream WF7F line from Ebay for $17 shipped. It was advertised as new.

I RECEIVED a Cortland 333HT WF7F Rocket Taper. I left an email for the guy to see if he inadvertently shipped the incorrect line. I'll follow this through, but I have a question.

Seeing that I'll be using this line for smallmouth, should I bite the bullet and keep the line or should I work the system, get a refund, and buy the Rio line.

Thanx, guys.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Problem

I woould want what I agreed to buy. Not familiar with the Cortland you got instead.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be too pleased about receiving a line that you didn't want, but be consoled that a 333 is worth every cent of $17
I have 7-8 of them and paid much more.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I agree with the guys, it may come down to a matter of principle for you but if the line is new either would represent a value.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-18-2010, 06:01 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a Cortland 333 6wt line on my lake rig when it went overboard, and sunk
to the bottom. It worked fine for me, and I had no complaints. If you didn't
have your mind set on the Rio Mainstream, I'd say the 333 should work just as
well. If you want to make a point, give the seller negative feedback (assuming
he doesn't offer to send a new line, and cover shipping the 333 back).
Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

The guy replied to the email stating he was sorry for the mixup. He has already sent the correct fly line in the mail.

He said I could return the Cortland or keep it for $7 off. That's $10.

A Cortland line for $10? I might just keep it and line my old Pflueger 1494 1/2 with it.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:48 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

well in my opinion he has certainly earned excellent feedback and I would keep that line for that price.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Sounds like the guy made an honest mistake and he's definitely giving you a good deal on his error...

Dan
Old 02-19-2010, 12:09 PM

It seems like an honest mistake. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, depending on the deal. It's what I'm trying to teach my oldest son right now, he's 15. No matter what happens, you almost have to get burned a few times before you can trust your instinct on a bad deal.

If it smells, looks or sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
If it smells, looks or sounds bad, it usually is.

I sent him an email back to confirm the second line price of $10. If so, I'll keep it.