The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default soon won't be around much

Even though the trout fishing should be getting nothing but better for a while now I need to change gears. I am starting my competitive bass fishing season with my first event March 20th. It is now time for me to get out on the water and start patterning my fish. Shame to have this conflict as I love my flyfishing. I just cannot seem to moderate myself enough to enjoy both at the same time.

I will pop in from time to time to check on yall. PM me anytime if any of you want to chat.

Here is my boat
Click the image to open in full size.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: soon won't be around much

Wishing you the best for your coming season Dave.
That boat will get you to your spot in a hurry. Nice.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:22 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Hey-- that's one of those new invisiprops....

Good luck with the coming bass season--- as long as you share the season with us through your amazing photography-- I think most here won't shun you for too long.

stay in touch.

PS-- how did you get a pic of my 356? (From your autocross album in your signature)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dave,
Have fun on the circuit!

MP

Edit: If you want to combine your bass and fly fishing passions, why don't you compete in the Bass-n-Fly competion in the California Delta on May 21?

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 02-24-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Bass-n-Fly
Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dave,
Have a great time!!!! Get some stickers for the side of your bass boat.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

good lookin triton bud...i had a Champion 198 with a Yamaha HPDI...used to Tournament fish a ton but with sponsor commitments and so on got burnt out quick...good luck to ya this season
Old 02-25-2010, 05:04 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

thanks guys. I will keep you posted as the season goes on.
Luked- I certainly am familiar with the burn out syndrome. Last time I sold my bass boat I gave the guy every rod/reel/lure, etc. Took ten years off.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

And here I thought you were just a young fella Dave

I wish you well and have to say that your boat would get me to Hewitt Creek in about one hour flat!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-25-2010, 02:43 PM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Nice boat, Good luck on the circuit.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:45 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Good luck with all that. I've been there and sold my boat too...