The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fly Fishing Small Streams

Fly Fishing Internet Radio will have a episode by Tom Rosenbauer on "Fly Fishing Small Streams" scheduled to broadcast this Wednesday, April 20 at 7 pm Mountain Time. Here is the link to the broadcast site: Fly Fishing - Internet Radio

I really like to listen to these episodes while tying flies in the evening.

Larry

Old 04-19-2011, 10:00 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly Fishing Small Streams

Thanks Larry, I've set an alarm on my phone for 9 ET. I'll check it out.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Thanks for this! Browsing his archive, I've found several saved broadcasts to listen to in my spare time.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
Thanks for this! Browsing his archive, I've found several saved broadcasts to listen to in my spare time.
I agree, there is a wealth of information in the archives, well worth listening to. If you're into stillwater fishing be sure to check out the two episodes by Brian Chan and the Denny Rickards show.

Larry

Old 04-19-2011, 02:44 PM

oregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the roughoregonism is a jewel in the rough

I listen to the Orvis podcasts at work, might check this one out too. I love being able to learn some of the minor intricacies of fly fishing while remaining productive. Some days, it actually makes me enjoy work
Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

You know I'm on it Larry. Thank you for the reminder. One can listen to the "Terrestials" from last week now. That was fun since we've been tying a lot of foam bugs.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

if you have a smart phone or mp3 player and an adapter (if needed) podcasts can be downloaded via computer (or the smart phone itself) and played through the mp3 player in your car, iphone in my case. pretty cool for drives. i'm on the highway a lot it seems and i often have a fly podcast loaded, or car talk, or NPR shows queued on the player.

rosenbauer shows are good listenin'

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:18 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished his book of the same name, excellent fare! milt.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 PM

db cooper has a spectacular aura aboutdb cooper has a spectacular aura about

I might be a bit slow but i cannot figure out how to save these to my computer...am i missing something here?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:16 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

I'm on a Mac. it's pretty easy using iTunes. i just go to the iTunes store, search under podcasts (podcasts-> flyfishing or orvis) and see those that have been posted. i select the one(s) i want. once downloaded I connect my iphone (mp3 player) to the laptop and with iTunes launched, just drag them to the iphones icon within iTunes. syncs in 2-3 seconds, voila, i can listen to past shows at my leisure. i use a cassette tape-style adapter to play my iPhone (basically an mp3 player in this regard) through the car's speaker system.

before i got the iphone, i used my sansa mp3 player. it shows up as a hard drive icon on my desktop when connected. i would download the podcast to my desktop, then just drag that mp3 file to the podcast folder within the mp3 player's icon.

these may not help you but the process might be similar.

eric

Last edited by ezamora; 04-20-2011 at 07:30 PM.