The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 PM

maccadon3000 will become famous soon enoughmaccadon3000 will become famous soon enough
Default What is your "On The Way To The Stream" CD/playlist?

Okay, you are getting in the car early tomorrow morning to hit the stream. Forecast calls for sunny skies, high 70's low 80's, low humidity. You have your dog, your coffee and any other favorite vices. The one thing to make this ride with the windows down perfect is the music choice. What CD/Playlist do you put on. It doesn't have to have the words "trout" or "fishing" in it. Just the music that puts you in that good mood and makes you ready for the day. The limit is 15 songs.

I'll go first:

Blue Sky- Allman Brothers

California Stars- Wilco

Bouncing Around the Room (from A Live One)- Phish

Shine A Light- The Rolling Stones

Change- Blind Melon

Bertha- Grateful Dead

Glory Days- Bruce Springsteen

I'm Yours- Jason Mraz (Okay, maybe I'd roll up the windows on this one to save myself from embarassment)

Had Me A Real Good Time- Faces

Panama- Van Halen

Tangled Up In Blue- Bob Dylan

A Boy Named Sue- Johnny Cash

Roll Me Away- Bob Seger

Comfortably Numb (from Delicate Sound Of Thunder)- Pink Floyd

Paradise City- Guns N' Roses

***If its a Sunday morning that I'm going fishing, add:

Sunday Morning Coming Down- Kris Kristofferson
Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: What is your "On The Way To The Stream" CD/playlist?

My musical tastes are always changing-- If I were going tomorrow morn, It would be (in no particular order...) one of a number of artists:

Tom Waits, Frank Zappa, Primus, P-funk, the Beatles, the black keys or medeski martin and wood....

In a few months when the sun is out longer and the temps warm-- I tend to move into more mellow stuff: Jack Johnson, folk/ bluegrass-- Leo kottke, david grisman, younder mtn strings, etc.) phish, talking heads, velvet undground and lou reed.....

Next fall, I will likely be in a real funky mood-- jb's, ohio players, bootsy, mayfield, clinton, the meters, pendergrass, maceo....

I know-- more than 15 examples-- I really like music of all kinds-- hard to narrow to just 15 selections when you have over 90 gigs of music...
Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

I have a LARGE play list that I put on shuffle when I'm going fishing. Tom Petty, Muse, Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Buddy Guy, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tab Benoit, Live, Counting Crows, John Cougar Mellencamp, Hank Williams Jr., etc.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Sugarland; Taylor Swift; Dwight Yokum; Niel Young.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:28 AM

thonyb will become famous soon enough

modest mouse, fire it up (hustle fish trailer); steel drivers, heaven sent; beats antiques, oriental uno. i just got all the black keys cd's been jamming that.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

For my ski trip to Vermont today I'm bringing.....

Bonnie Raitt and Lowell George, 10/17/72
Bob Dylan and the Hawks, 5/17/66
Derek and the Dominoes (Fillmore East) 10/23/70
Neil Young and Crazy Horse (Fillmore East) 3/6/70

( all 'boots' )
Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

anything from the 60's and 70's, of course most times I just walk across the road and a field to fish.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 03-02-2010, 06:40 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Most days its just the quitness and the wind blowing threw the truck, the birds songs and the rmbling thoughts of my brain, if it is music its two ways, Country- D. Yokum, George Strait,Soggy Bottom River boys, Rebba macentire, Hank Williams JR AND SR, David Allen Coe,Johny Cash, and a couple others
Or its ZZ Top, AC/DC, CCR, Old Crow Medican Show, Gerry Rafirtty, you get the idea
Bear
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccadon3000 View Post
Okay, you are getting in the car early tomorrow morning to hit the stream. Forecast calls for sunny skies, high 70's low 80's, low humidity. You have your dog, your coffee and any other favorite vices. The one thing to make this ride with the windows down perfect is the music choice. What CD/Playlist do you put on. It doesn't have to have the words "trout" or "fishing" in it. Just the music that puts you in that good mood and makes you ready for the day. The limit is 15 songs.

I'll go first:

Blue Sky- Allman Brothers

California Stars- Wilco

Bouncing Around the Room (from A Live One)- Phish

Shine A Light- The Rolling Stones

Change- Blind Melon

Bertha- Grateful Dead...
Promising list there. I'll throw out some suggestions in instant gratification format-

YouTube- The Avett Brothers - January Wedding (Live on The Interface)

And one from my buddy's band for the hell of it-

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as were doing videos......