The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Uni-Tray II

Does anyone use a Uni-Tray II for their thread and do you find it worth the money??

I was looking at them today and I thought they were pretty neat.

Click the image to open in full size.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Uni-Tray II

That is neat. If I didn't have a pretty good set-up for thread in my travel case (a Plano tackle box) I'd get one of those.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I have two of them. Over time, the hinges will wear out, and the latch will slip. I think that it is a bit overpriced at $30ish retail.

Dennis
Old 04-21-2011, 03:33 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

It seems like that would be an easy project to put together for less than $30.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I'm a huge fan of the old Dewitt boxes with the stainless steel hinges. This particular size is perfect for the travel box for floss and thread:
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
I have two of them. Over time, the hinges will wear out, and the latch will slip. I think that it is a bit overpriced at $30ish retail.

Dennis
I will never buy anything that has plastic folding hinges like that. I got fooled into that scam once and I learnt my lesson. I bought two "bug luggage" boxes for about 20 each and they lasted two seasons before the hinges began to tear apart; once it started it was a matter of 20 more open/close and the two halves came apart.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

That's what I love about the Dewitt boxes: their hinges are indestructible, and the boxes themselves pretty much are. They can really have an odd odor, though. LOL, I'm not kidding.
Yours in tidiness,
Gary

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Oh, and Jason, you knew this was coming: the left half of the pile are Dewitt boxes. Told ya I liked 'em!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
That's what I love about the Dewitt boxes: their hinges are indestructible, and the boxes themselves pretty much are. They can really have an odd odor, though. LOL, I'm not kidding.
Yours in tidiness,
Gary

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Oh, and Jason, you knew this was coming: the left half of the pile are Dewitt boxes. Told ya I liked 'em!
Yeah, just stop by Gary's warehouse...I mean shop...I mean tying desk and pick up a dozen of them boxes.

Hope your dog doesn't decide to wag his tail by that precarious pyramid of prized thread holders!!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 PM

LOL, he just shrugs his shoulders and heads for the food bowl when I get to stacking things up here in the cave.
It's all fun,
Gary