The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about
Default back from a great weekend fishing

well friday i headed to Bennett Springs for a day or so of fishing and camping...had to leave early Sunday morning to get back so i could take my son who turned 2 today to his birthday party.......well it was a great weekend.....i got to the spring bright and early Saturday and got me a spot quick and started fishing.....there wasnt no where near as many people as i thought there was going to be since the weekend was going to be in the 60s and it was opening weekend as well.......so after a long morning and missing a few fish on a Wooley Buggar at around 2 i caught my FIRST EVER trout on a Fly rod..and on a fly that i tied myself at that...5 min later i caught another......i was tickled pink to say the least......it took me a long time to do it but it was way more than worth it.....fished for a few hours Sunday morning before i had to leave but didnt catch anything...had one hit and missed it...but oh well...over all it was a great weekend and i cant wait to go back..........im still learning but i was really pleased at how it came out.....didnt get any pictures as i forgot my camera but that wont happen again thats for sure
Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: back from a great weekend fishing

I'm glad you had a good time. My first trout was also on a wooly bugger. I'm also still new to this but have come along way since June last year. Still have a lot to learn but when you enjoy it like me you want to learn all you can to be better.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Luked: Good to her you had a great time and hooked into a few fish, Congrats!

Larry
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM

luked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura aboutluked has a spectacular aura about

actually the i caught i caught them on a Red Copper John...one i tied and really not the best tie ill say that but it worked
Old 03-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Luked: It makes it all the better that you caught that fish on one of your flies (regardless of the quality)!

Larry
Old 03-07-2010, 11:22 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report, Luke. Welcome to the JOY!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

Pretty cool Luked... I've only caught one trout this season, but that's what I keep going out for... keeps me addicted. The addition of catching those fish on your own fly make the event even more special.

- Justin
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Congrats Luked, now your definitely hooked...

Dan
Old 03-08-2010, 07:34 AM

it was a great weekend for sure....now its time to spend some time at the vise and get some more flies tied up...defnatly need a few more.....after i caught the 2 fish i never had another take all day...i dont know if it was jsut a fluke but to catch 2 pretty much back to back kind of told me to stick with that fly but the one i caught the 2 on i took off so i could keep it..first ones on one of my flies so didnt want to loose it...and the other red copper john i had i think was a little bigger in size so im not sure if that made a diffrence or not...so im gonna start tying in series and get 4-5 of each size so i have some more
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like you had a great time.