The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 11:36 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: Bad new for fishermen from OBAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
Timothy McVeigh was part of the hitler club. Tom Metzger too. The hitler club is still alive and well. too bad but too true.
Seems there is more hate nowadays than ever in America. Its sad to see...
But ya anyways back to fishing for me! This thread has been proven to be false and if anything its just gonna cause disagreements or arguing between members. This was also posted on another forum I am a part of and now everyone over there is arguing.
Rodney King says it best. Can't we all just get along???

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
It seems many have not read or have not heard of the little boy who cried wolf.
I know a whole, large group of people whose credibility keeps getting down-graded with every knee-jerk post they make.
Try this for a taste of reality:
ESPNOutdoors.com: From the editor - ESPN
POSTED AGAIN FOR EMPHASIS:
ESPN has disavowed itself from the claims made in Montgomery's "opinion" column, and has apologized for its lack of editorial diligence. The link above is an apology by ESPN's editor for letting Montgomery's opinion piece pass as journalism. Please read it.

Nobody's going to put an end to fishing in the United States of America. That would be akin to ending football, baseball, and apple pie. Let's look at other
news stories concerning sportsman, and the "far-left". You can now carry a handgun in national parks; states are passing legislation that puts state
regulations on firearms ahead of federal regs (in favor of gun owners, and manufacturers; most states allow its non-felon citizens to own and carry a handgun, and the rules regarding reciprocation among this states is widening. We should always be vigilent when protecting our rights, but we should always check the facts. Extremists on both sides lie, and we owe it to each other (and ourselves) to make sure that the information we read is correct. Orson Welles broadcast that Martian had invaded Earth, and people were killing themselves....despite several announcements during the program that it was a hoax!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
POSTED AGAIN FOR EMPHASIS:
ESPN has disavowed itself from the claims made in Montgomery's "opinion" column, and has apologized for its lack of editorial diligence. The link above is an apology by ESPN's editor for letting Montgomery's opinion piece pass as journalism. Please read it.

Nobody's going to put an end to fishing in the United States of America. That would be akin to ending football, baseball, and apple pie. Let's look at other
news stories concerning sportsman, and the "far-left". You can now carry a handgun in national parks; states are passing legislation that puts state
regulations on firearms ahead of federal regs (in favor of gun owners, and manufacturers; most states allow its non-felon citizens to own and carry a handgun, and the rules regarding reciprocation among this states is widening. We should always be vigilent when protecting our rights, but we should always check the facts. Extremists on both sides lie, and we owe it to each other (and ourselves) to make sure that the information we read is correct. Orson Welles broadcast that Martian had invaded Earth, and people were killing themselves....despite several announcements during the program that it was a hoax!
well said!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was. Thanks Frank.

I'd be willing to bet most of us have much more in common, than we have differences.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 AM

Walter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of light

McFly wrote ....Seems there is more hate nowadays than ever in America. Its sad to see...

By "the club" I was referencing the fact that Europe does not see the type of public water access we all rightfully take for granted here. You think fishing is a simple process ? - you would be amazed at the regulations and difficult access issues you would face there. Priavte fishing clubs are more the norm. Not sure why the "Hitler" reference was thrown in - that might just be some subconscious hate coming out...unless of course a simple differing opinion qualifies. Also not sure that ESPN (ABC) or their columnist are now designated Republican spokepersons.

Enough said by me on the subject ...I'm back to fishing.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:01 AM

hunter1 is on a distinguished road

I know i was a little sarcastic, If i hurt somebodys feelings i'm sorry. But sticking ones headin the ground and waiting for the powers to be to do somthing for your benefit don't work all the time. We do not need more task forces to watch our recreation habits. If you think the anties are a force to laugh at , you may not be able to fish in yellow stone in the futhure. We have to be dilligent in watching what they do with eroding our rights.Ask the
1930's era Germans and russians. I hunt a lot besides fishing, and we have lost ground in that area also. We have to vote united.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

FTR I stand by my comment of "More fear and loathing by the party of No." Here is an example of what I mean by that. This the end of the conversation on this subject as far as I am concerned and will not respond to any more knee jerk responses from right wing critics.
ESPN.com Helps Launch False "Obama Wants To Ban Fishing" Rumor - Politics - Deadspin

If you want a legitimate target for your frustrations go after the politicians that support the Bristol Bay Pebble Mine. There is an issue for true sportsman to be upset over.
Case closed.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:27 AM

hunter1 is on a distinguished road

Good, and God bless.
Closed Thread