The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Shane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the rough
Default Something unusual i found

Alright, I'll admit I'm a geek for reading this site. What can you expect? I'm in the nuclear engineering field. With that already said, I'm big on science, technology, and building a better mouse trap. But I'm not sure I like where this research is heading. Any thoughts?

Development of more muscular trout could boost commercial aquaculture
Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 PM

drnihili is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Something unusual i found

Hey, I read that site too!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not to sure I like that either. If they are not sterile and get out, the next thing you know, we're taking pictures with "Lumpy" the trout. And like we all learned in Jurassic Park, this stuff always gets out.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:52 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Scares me and I don't like it.. Science gone wrong..

Glad they didn't do it with Muskey or Pike
Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Think "Killer Bees". Nuff said.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 PM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

When humans start playing God, it always ends with trouble.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Agreed. Genetic tinkering will come to no good.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Shane,
I love the added touch with Blinky, the three eyed fish.

MP
Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 PM

Shane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Shane,
I love the added touch with Blinky, the three eyed fish.

MP
I thought it was fitting. Guess I have a sick sense of humor. From what I've noticed, you can't work in the nuclear industry and be "normal."
Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Stroud View Post
I thought it was fitting. Guess I have a sick sense of humor. From what I've noticed, you can't work in the nuclear industry and be "normal."
You wouldn't be ex-Navy would you?