The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wading boots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
. . . I have seen those Korkers you mention and do think that they are on the right track but for my tastes they look a tad clunky, a smidge inelegant and sort of prototypish at this stage of the game. . .
Old Hunter (yes, I know German),

I'm having a tough time understanding how you consider strap-on Korkers cleated sandals "more elegant" than regular Korkers boots. With their third generation Chrome model, they're hardly "prototypes". And I expect that Korkers has a patent on their interchangeable soles, and while it's possible for competitors to "design around" that patent, that's risky until the patent expires in 17-20 years.

Last edited by Fly2Fish; 05-13-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:53 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

got the korker chromes with the Svelte soles ,best traction yet, no more rubber soles with cleats for me. have 3 pair of simms 1 of each, felt cleat guides,freestone vibram and a straight felt ,i need to sale the simms .
Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 PM

canine is on a distinguished road

When my felts wore out last fall, I figured I might as well make the switch to vibram. I went with the simms freestones, and have was impressed. I don't remember which cleat i put in (it was one of the simms). First trip out, i went to find some swifter currents and big slimy rocks. No problem. Nice support, very comfy. Now, I don't have as many trips on them as I would like (mother nature is conspiring against my fishing this year) but the trips I have had, have shown no issues. I was prepared to feel less secure in my footing, but I feel like I had great traction. I can't say anything bad about them.