The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Its getting deep over here!

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm getting stirr crazy, keep in mind this is one window theres five full boxes, a 12x12 patch of foam in my truck, flies all over in the tying area, I've built myself yet another box and I'm about to head off to the thrift shop to see if I can score a leather jacket and some fo-fleece to make a wallet. I make my own head spin, I only fish maybe 5 patterns a day! If that! What am I doing?!?!?!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its getting deep over here!

Looks like it is time for a serious fishing trip!

Larry

Old 04-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I think a lot of us have done this Bill. You will one day realize that you have wealth, wealth that can be measured by your fly boxes but nonetheless wealth. I use one fly unless I lose it. I pick what I know will hook me up and then I use it. To paraphrase the late Hunter S. Thompson; Although I can't swear it'll work for everybody, it's always worked for me.

Nice fly tying there Bash

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-26-2011, 05:51 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Guess that I'll have to step in to tell you what you're doing. Unlike the rest of us you are addicted to fly tying. You are a sick puppy. You need to seek help..............wait a minute
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED... THE WT TUBE FLY SHOP!!!
ok Bill...u kinda lost it man...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:25 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Just give them out at Halloween instead of candy. If you feel like being a nice guy, you could even tell the kids to not put it in their mouths.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Ant, thats classic! Okuma, I almost forgot all the tubes! There probably 12' worth of tube flies floating around here too. See I've managed to narrow down the patterns I fish for trout and I only tie those but I sit at the vice with steelhead on the mind and I get lost in my tying. I start to envision the fishing scenario, perfect river, good flow and color,willing, eager, and fresh fish, the cast the swing, the grab the run, the whole nine yards. By that time the fly is done and after the head cement is on reality sets in and I remember "Oh yeah I'm in Ohio". I think Mcnerny is right, a trip is in order that way I can spend some of my acquired wealth! It is a sickness I guess but quoting Trey Anastasio " In order to get to the high ground of your soul, you need to run like an antelope out of control".....ROAD TRIP!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

You sound like me. I tie streamers, when I fish streamers maybe 1% of the time. I tie flies for smallies, but have yet to actually fish for smallmouth. Heaven help me if I ever start tying saltwater flies.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Bill, with the monsoon season we've had in the Alley tying is the only option...One good thing, with your current stash you DON'T have to tye flies for awhile...

Dan
Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Its getting deep over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Guess that I'll have to step in to tell you what you're doing. Unlike the rest of us you are addicted to fly tying. You are a sick puppy. You need to seek help..............wait a minute
Jimmie is just too kind to say it straight out: SIR! You need a serious 'intervention.' You will make that trip to the thrift shop, you will make up at least ONE DOZEN of the fly wallets ... and you will put a post advising all 'first come, first served.'

On second thought: Let's get this rolling.

1) Fred Evans
2)