The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 AM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about
Default What are your TOP 3 Flyshops - Top down order

1. Murray's Flyshop (People's Drug) Edinburgh, VA
2. Abe's on the San Juan, Navajo Dam, NM
3. Mad River Outfitters, Columbus, OH
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are your TOP 3 Flyshops - Top down order

1. Bob Marriott's - Orange County, CA
2. Blue Ribbon Flies - West Yellowstone, MT
3. Park's Fly Shop, Gardiner, MT

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 04-28-2011, 09:40 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

#1 TMF Sports Shop (Ravenna, OH); they know my name.
#2 Old Ausable Fly shop (Grayling MI). They knew my name after the 2nd summer
#3 Blue Ribbon Flies (West Yellowstone MT); Craig Matthews treated my wife and I like he knew our names. It was a pleasant experience.

Most medium-large shops have everything I need, so the personell put these three over the top for me.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

#1. The Patient Angler, Bend OR.
#2. Charlie's Flybox
#3. Front Range Angler
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite shop is called the BAIT SHACK and it's in Orleans on Cape Cod.
Besides bait, tackle, and canoe rentals, the sign over the door claims they also sell fly fishing and camping supplies, but I've never noticed much of that when I've been in there.

The attraction is the owner. He's a fly fisherman himself and because of his bait orientated clientele he rarely gets much chance to talk to like minded fly anglers.
The guy is a wealth of local information and is almost too willing to share.
Don't go in unless you have time to spare as he makes it difficult to leave
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Flyfishusa out of Welches, Oregon

Redshed out of Peck, Idaho

And, odd as it may sound, one in particular in the UK. Amazing the 'stuff' the (Greater) 'Brit's' have available not seen on our shores. Have made many purchases (there and a couple of others) and nary a hitch on deliveries. Usually takes 5-7 working days from start to finish.

fae
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

#1. Blue Ribbon Flies.(West Yellowstone, Montana). Blue Ribbon Flies

#2. Henry's Fork Anglers.(Last Chance, Idaho). Henry's Fork Anglers : 1 800.788.4479 : Mike Lawson's Professional Fishing Guides : 3340 Hwy 20 Island Park, Idaho 83429

#3. Jimmy's.(Idaho Falls, Idaho).Jimmy's All Seasons Angler and also @#3. Western Rivers.(Salt Lake City, Utah).WR FLY FISHER

Sorry, I couldn't decide between Jimmy's and Western Rivers.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Table Rock Angler in NC. Bo knows and Bo probably has it. He surely has the gear I want anyhow.

I want to say Gates Ausable Lodge but I'm not sure how much it has changed since Rusty's passing. Rusty was always good to me and not afraid to share a pattern and show how to tie it.

Blue Ribbon Flies. Can't think of another shop with better tying material.

For favorite shops now gone...
Geeks Sporting Goods.
Beauters Outdoors.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i love the guys at madison river fishing co. out of ennis, mt. great shop, good selection and good service.

ive always been impressed with my trips to any orvis shop. great customer service and knowledgeable staff.

ll beans shop is one that i enjoy visiting as well. always strike up a conversation with the flyguy. good company.

ARFE
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 AM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Reading's Fly Shop- Lebanon Missouri
Blue Ribbon Fly Shop- Mt Home Arkansas
Frying Pan Anglers- Basalt Colorado