The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving On

We move out of the Poconos for good tomorrow.

Sort of a mixed emotion day for me. It's always nice to go somewhere new, but I've developed a real attachment to this area; not just because of the trout fishing, and it will be a tough move for me in a lot of ways.

We'll be in Maine for the Summer; but with 107 boxes of "stuff" plus furniture already packed away and stored, the fishing and fly tying will not be what it has been for the past few years.

Hopefully I'll be fully up and running again sometime in the Fall. Until then, I'll log onto NAFFF whenever I can.

Enjoy the season, everyone. I hope there's a lot of fish in it for each and every one of you!

Pocono
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving On

Allan I do undestand your feelings to leave such a lovely house and a beautiful area.107 boxes of stuff....I would say 90 full of fishing gear
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Allan,

You have a lot of friends on NAFFF and you will be missed this summer. I have made two moves since I retired and both of them were mistakes. I should have stayed in Washington state.

Frank
Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Allan,
Enjoy your summer; we'll look forward to your being settled in come fall.

Hope you didn't pack all your rod building catalogues away! Check in here, actually in the next few days, as I'll be posting pictures of the THREE rods I just completed! (Talk about AR!!!!!) Re-did a bamboo for a friend, built a fiberglass, also for a friend, AND, a graphite, FOR ME!!!!

Be safe!
Em
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Allan: Having been in the military, I understand the feelings you have concerning moving from a place you have grown attached to. Hopefully, you and Marty will enjoy Maine just as much and having family closer should help with the transition. Good luck with the move!

Larry

Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 AM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

Allan, moving is one of my least favorite things to do.
But once dealt with, the load is lighter, and the world opens up.
Have a great summer, be lookin' for your posts from Maine.

Jim
Old 05-01-2011, 09:33 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Take care Allan. Try not to think about what you're leaving and think of all those new waters you get to explore.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 05-01-2011, 10:01 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Sounds exciting to me. Hope that you report on all of your new adventures. Please don't stay away from here too long. Put unpack first on a couple of those boxes.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:39 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Pocono,

What section of Maine are you moving to?

Cheers,
Jim
Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I have always loved moving, new places where my senses are no longer dulled by familiarization, new trails my boots have not touched and trout unaccustomed to my habits.

Have fun with it Allen and this winter when the dogs warm by the fire and you warm from the good scotch...Send us your stories.

Dave