The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Talk about Service! - Allan & Co.

I was in the market for some new line. I got directed to allen and co fishing, and man was I impressed. I put in an order for some 5 wt floating line, and the total came out to be around 16 dollars. Well About a week later, I got an e-mail from justin telling me that he would be getting the lines in to the shop in a few days, so to make up for the wait time, he asked me if I would also like a 6wt or a 4wt line. Well i was not sure which would work best with a 5wt rod, so i told him that whatever he chose for me would be more than appreciated. Well, I got my line in the mail this weekend, and to my surprise, he threw in both the 4 wt and the 6 wt lines. So, for around 16 dollars I got three new lines, and justin got a new customer out of the deal. I have been thinking about getting a new reel, and I know who i'll be doing business with. Thanks Justin!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:20 PM

ab fisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Talk about Service! - Allan & Co.

good to hear man. justin really is a good guy
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

SdDryFly: Thanks for posting about your experience with Justin and Allen Fly Fishing! Justin also donated one of his XL 5/6 reels to Lambster who lost all his fly fishing equipment in the recent house fire! Thanks Again Justin!

Larry
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

Line for $16? That's pretty awesome.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, i couldn't believe it either. go check it out, seems like good line to me. i mean it's just floating line, if it floats, why not? not going to pay triple that price for something that just floats.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 PM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

I'll try it out next time I need line. Everything else appears to be top notch.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM

Default My most recent experience - Allen & Co.

I asked for a 5/7 trout reel for christmas and Justin informed my wife that the 5/7 would not be available for christmas but that he would send a 3/5 so I could have something on the big day. We weren't really sure if he was going to send the 5/7 as well and didn't want to seem greedy by asking. Well this week I got a second package from Justin. I thought this is mighty big to be just a reel. Well besides the reel he sent two fly boxes and three lines (one wf6, one multi colored wf6 and one wf3). So that's two reels, three lines and two fly boxes for the price of one reel. Justin's doing a great job making a name or himself. I highly highly recommend his gear. On top of the service the actual gear is top notch. It blows my mind that he can charge the prices he can.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 AM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice

im so jealous, i ordered 2 reels, a rod and 2 lines before Christmas for my Christmas present and the only thing i recieved so far was the 2 lines after Christmas. so there was nothing under the tree for me. im patiently waiting (not my strong suit). i hear how fantastic his products are from everyone including my local fly shop Nomad Anglers. im just excited to get my hands on them. Justin assures me it will be here soon and always answers my calls and questions It wouldn't be so bad if my vice wasn't on backorder from Cabella's, too....
Old 01-10-2011, 07:43 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

I'm sure Justin doesn't mind all of the 'atta-boys', so I thought I'd confirm what is being expressed in this post.

I recently ordered several hundred hooks from Allen. Justin emailed me to tell me that one size was on back order for 10 or so days. I replied that he could either send a size that was in stock (I ordered a size 6 streamer hook-- told him that 4 or 8 would be fine.), or he could wait until the back ordered size comes in to send it all at once. (I know that a second shipping on just the 50 hooks that were back ordered will probably cost about as much as the shipping on the whole order...) 'I'm not in a huge hurry'... Justin replies with 'I'll send what I have, so that you aren't waiting on your package for just those 50 hooks...' Two days later I have the first package- the hooks, so far, are top quality. I 'inspect' every one when I put it into the vise and haven't come across a 'dud' yet.

Justin will have a customer for life, unfortunately I'm not in the market for 'big ticket' items right now... I have all of the rods, reels, lines I need... I buy mainly 'consumables' at this point.....
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

I know this will sound strange, but when I found an excellent used Ross Gunnisson-2 localy for $50. to put on the TFO 5wt I'm putting together, I was kind of dissapointed because my plan had been to get an Allen reel. Now I'm stuck with a Ross
When I can get the bucks together to start putting my 8 or 9wt outfit, I just hope I can get my self to hold out for an Allen reel.
In the mean time, I need to get my fly bench set up & figure out what hooks I'll be using so I can order some of them.
Oh, & I will need line!!!

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."